shazlouD

Quarantine

For those of us transporting our beloved dogs and cats new quarantine rules apply from 2nd December where quarantine has been reduced to 10 days! More info on DAFF website. Great news for us all and makes it a bit easier on the pocket too!

Just make sure to have everything organised months in front. It is great for our furry friends though.

Hi shazlouD,

Great news, where is eveyone sending their dogs/cats to then as there is no quarantine place is Adelaide is there? We where originally going to Perth but hubby job came off list so now its SA!!

Bal

x

Yes thats right. Changes start 2 Dec for pets arriving after 3rd Feb.. Luckily our Dylan cant migrate till end of feb so should be 10 days for him!

Hi ShazlouD,

Ok I will have a look at that too, then will you get an internal flight from Melbourne to Adelaide or drive over??

That will be a good saving for us especially as we have 2 girls Fifi (5) and Coco (2) coming with us!!

Whereabouts are you going to be in SA??

Bal

x

Not really sure yet Bal will prob get flight for Dylan..

haven't thought too much re locations we have temporary accommodation provided by husbands new employers so will find somewhere when we get over. Im sure Ill have plenty of time on my hands whilst looking for a job!

Yes I agree time to sit back and enjoy a bit of time off too from this rollercoaster too!!

Good luck with eveything!!

Bal

x

Guest TheBirdsIOM

Hi All

10 days, yippeeeeee, OMG that makes me feel so much better now about putting our pooch through all of this.

Brilliant news :0)

Not sure but isn't there now to be a quarantine period in the country they are being exported from? Haven't read the full changes but that's the impression I got from the email I received from DAFF.

Not sure but isn't there now to be a quarantine period in the country they are being exported from? Haven't read the full changes but that's the impression I got from the email I received from DAFF.

Not sure. I understood it that the rabies bloods and paperwork had to be done even further in advance though once these new time frames come in.

If in doubt, contact a reputable pet shipping agent to find out the ins and outs of the changes.