Guest hemzet

Nursing jobs on Stroke Units

Guest hemzet

Hi, We will move to Adelaide in the next months. Have found two hospitals running a stroke so far. I am just wondering whether there are jobs available on Stroke Units. Is there any common abbreviation used, as eg. SCU (Stroke Care Unit) or similar? Actually I couldn't find any ads here. Or would you advise to keep an eye on other areas with more Stroke Units? Thanks

I was in the heart section of our local hospital this weekend after being rushed in. They didn't separate the wards in to different areas but I'm not sure in Adelaide. I know the following hospitals deal with stroke victims

Flinders Medical Centre

Lyell McEwin Hospital

Royal Adelaide Hospital

Queen Elizabeth Hospital

Guest hemzet

Well, I think Flinders and Royal are listed as running some stroke beds on the SAHealth web site, you're right. However, I am just wondering never having read any job advertisment for stroke nurses...

Well, I think Flinders and Royal are listed as running some stroke beds on the SAHealth web site, you're right. However, I am just wondering never having read any job advertisment for stroke nurses...

Hi Hemzet

i work as a nurse attached to the RAH stroke unit. They have just filled lots of posts, and have two acsc (deputy ward manager to me) posts advertised at the moment but maybe just internally. There are four stroke units so depending where you're planning to live, if you have stroke experience it could be worth contacting the csc on each unit and letting them know when you arrive? I know that the RAH unit wasn't sponsoring so you'd need your visa. Not sure what your circumstances are re rights to work in oz.

:)

Guest hemzet
    Hi Hemzet

i work as a nurse attached to the RAH stroke unit. They have just filled lots of posts, and have two acsc (deputy ward manager to me) posts advertised at the moment but maybe just internally. There are four stroke units so depending where you're planning to live, if you have stroke experience it could be worth contacting the csc on each unit and letting them know when you arrive? I know that the RAH unit wasn't sponsoring so you'd need your visa. Not sure what your circumstances are re rights to work in oz.

:)

Sounds like a good idea, thanks. Have PR visa, 10 years stroke experience and awaiting AHPRA assessement actually.