Guest Guest75

Rememberance Monday- in Aus.

Guest Guest75

[h=5]In the gym this morning. Quite a crowd in today,very mixed. But well ALL stopped and observed the minute's silence at 11 am, yound and old. Respect!:notworthy:[/h]

Yes Russell,i was impressed today with the respect shown where i was too!Most people stopped what they were doing for the 2 minute silence.I was thinking about next year,100 years since the start of WW1.There will no doubt be huge Commemorations across the World to mark the Year.What a sad waste of lives all Wars bring.Let's hope they will become a thing of the past very soon.

Guest Guest75

I'm surprised that no one else mentioned it in here Sue..................sadly:frown:

Respect for anyone who has gone and fought for their country.

We wandered down to the memorial here yesterday morning just to see if there was anything going on because I'm wasn't sure if they did anything or if it was all incorporated into ANZAC Day and there was actually quite a large crowd, even the school had sent along two classes to lay poppies in the Peace Garden. It was nice to be part of it rather than just standing quietly in the house.