Guest adlyn2012

Square Sausage

Guest adlyn2012

Anyone know where or if I can buy square sausage from?

My sons birthday next month and he's missing it, I would like to track some down

Cheers

Guest Guest75
    What is a square sausage?

Sausage in the shape of a square........:biglaugh:

Actually called Lorne sausage I believe??

I seem to remember a thread about this some time ago, have a look with the search facility.

OK, just googled it up, a Scottish thing, gee surely you can make your own! even a mere man could do that one. You just have to find a good sausage meat which will, according to previous threads on this point, be about as easy as finding a good sausage.

Buying a mincer and a square tin would be the best start, actually a rectangular shaped tin, it's the sliced product which is more squarish!

Superior meats at 27 Southgate Plaza,Corner of Sheriffs and Hilliers rd,Morphett Vale, stock Lorne Scottish square sausage. PM me for the phone number, if you want to check before you go. Think the same guy owns the butchers at Flagstaff Hill shopping centre, though not sure, been a while since i have been there.

Hope you manage to get some.

Sue

Edited by flossybeth
    Removal of phone number as per forum rules

At Nuriootpa near where I am working in the Barossa, I went in the bakers and they had a block Cornish pasty, very similar size/shape as the square sausage. Never seen or heard of them before either. Out of interest I asked what meat was in it, she replied "the same as the Cornish pasty":goofy:. so to help her a little I asked if it was lamb or beef and she said "it's mince":wacko:. I reckon that if I gave her two goes at guessing which way a lift was going she would struggle.

Ask for Nigel at superior meats, he's the boss and will give you an honest answer, he does all sorts of stuff, you just have to ask. If you can't get him on the number above they will give you the Flagstaff shop number.

You can get it at Rito's deli in the Noarlunga center ground floor across from coles also tatie scones Scottish black pudding etc. .Or you can get square slice at UK Foods & English Smallgoods they have some but usualy frozen they make the tattie scones there and supply other shops.

What about Fruit pudding heard of that??

Better send me a picture so I can determine if my idea of a fruit pudding is the same, this is because I thought a black pudding was a black pudding, the Scottish one looks like something the Scots needed to have under their Kilts:wink:

A%20Medal%20Winning%20Pudding%20Selection.JPG

Here they are all together Fruit,white,black,haggis all slices.

Nope! you've got me there:embarressed:, looks like I need to get out some more, looks nice though:unsure:. Is it true it's only the wings that don't get used in the Haggis? or do they use the whole critter?

Guest Mrs Bon Jovi
    A%20Medal%20Winning%20Pudding%20Selection.JPG

Here they are all together Fruit,white,black,haggis all slices.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQH6Vfo0mzmb6YAI2AXP30JsJ0AhG4EOlDDFkH17kFtREbqwO-9Jg

Nice wee breakfast pack

Can you hear my tummy rumbling?!? Was just thinking it's Friday night, could just do with a white pudding supper and a can of Irn Bru and then I find this. Drooling now and bloody starving!!!

Guest Claire-n-tel
    Not quite Blossom's Degustation menu is it?!

:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh: