TonyD

pet-friendly rentals

With our flights booked for 28th Dec we have started the hunt for short term rentals and the one estate agent I have been dealing with has stated we will struggle to find a place that lets dogs in the house. whilst we arrive in Dec he wont be joining us until the end of Feb so we could have a very short term lease when we first arrive but it appears to me that the 3 month lease is the preferred short term period hence our problem.

We can't be the first to have this problem, can anyone offer any advice on how best to find a suitable rental?

Any tips and advice will be much appreciated.

I forgot to add that trying to convince people he is no trouble (ie doesn't bark, chew things or soil the house etc) could be difficult, he is a really well-behaved dog but convincing people of that fact could be tricky, any advice on this?

T

There are plenty of pet friendly houses out there, but more competition for them. If they don't mention pets I assume they are fine unless they tell me otherwise. The one I'm moving into today didn't mention pets in the ad. I turned up to the open, and they said 'ohhhh yes, pet friendly, they are going to put gates up to keep dogs in.....' Luckily they didn't mind our three cats. :-)

cats, dogs and chickens?? bloody hell Blossom you'd give Noah and his ark a run for their money! Never thought about assuming they are pet-friendl if not otherwise stated. I think if you start your opening line enquiring about pet-friendly they may assume you have a pet thats going to cause problems so naturally they may say no!

Good advice Blossom, thanks

Lots of them don't seem to be a yes or no, they just say the owner will look at that when they go over the applications.

Some even say one pet allowed. Fussy landlords lol.