myponga primary school

Guest pickleamintdrop

Guest pickleamintdrop

hi everyone

we will be living in sellicks beach and just wondered if anyone had any info on myponga primary...

its only about 8 mins drive from sellicks beach to myponga school and same to aldinga beach primary...

thank you :)

I've just been doing the rounds of primary schools in that area myself as we're planning on a move to Sellecks when our current lease is up next year. Myponga is lovely and has a good reputation. Aldinga Primary is the school that attracted the most negative comments and seems to have a poor reputation. Sellecks isn't in the zone for Willunga so its not an option (they wouldn't even put our name on a waiting list). If I had to choose between Myponga and Aldinga I'd go for Myponga but thats just my opinion. (The only reason I havent sent my son there is because we don't live down that way yet and its just too far to be driving to it for the next six months from where we currently are).

Apologies if you've already looked into the other schools in the area but I'll stick these on here in case you haven't:

Your other alternatives would be the private schools: Gallilee (catholic), Southern Vales (christian) and a little further afield is Tatachilla (lutheran) all good schools just a matter of personal choice/religion/finances. Alternatively there is Willunga Waldorf School (steiner school) this is also private but it has quite a waiting list.

Old Noarlunga has a lovely little state primary school and its not zoned.

I also looked at Willunga Primary, Mclaren Vale and McLaren Flat but they all have zones and Sellecks doesn't fall into any of them. Saying that, I have managed to get my son into McLaren Vale (was my first choice) despite not living in their zone. They had kindly agreed to put us on a waiting list and by luck a place has come up (Willunga and McLaren Flat refused to put us on their list).

All food for thought or to be ignored if you've already dicarded these options :) xx

Edited by Benoli