Bitza1984

Cinema - Cheapest night to go?

Hi Guys,

One thing I used to do back home a lot was go to the movies with my girlfriend because it was a cheap night out. Why the hell is it so expensive here? back home on a Tuesday I could get into a movie for £3 lol.

what is the cheapest cinema in Adelaide? And do they have any nights where it is less expensive. Back home it was "crazy tuesdays" and Orange did "Orange Wednesdays".

I live in the North near TTP.

All the best.

Tightarse Tuesdays - cinema in the shopping centre. Or you can eat at Caffe Primo and get a meal/deal where you get a discounted ticket.

Or take the car to the Gepps Cross Drive-in - about $25 for as many people as you can fit in the car

Straight down Grand Junction Road to Semaphore Odeon, $8 tickets all the time, she can buy her own popcorn there too, take your own straws to share a drink.

Or there are plenty of cafes and you have the beach/promenade for a nice sunset walk (free) take a picnic.

If you're a Telstra customer it's $10 a ticket every night apart from Saturdays for standard. VMAX and 3D are a bit more but still cheap.

I never pay more than $10 and would feel ripped off if I did.

thanks! I looked up the Odeon, $8 all year round.....close to the beach too! happy days!! :wink:

its only a 15 min drive from where I am too!

Thanks guys!!

Please remember that Australia is notoriously expensive for everything. Let me provide you with a price list for our local and only cinema for miles https://www.odeon.co.uk/booking/ticket/section/1c3eb5def18a56797cdc08a1e4659d8fbd24aff6/1/ to watch Gravity at 7.10pm mid week! I will leave you to do the currency conversion however yet again UK exceeds Australia on the price front. I also love the additional 71p for remote booking too!:sad:

S

Edited by srg73

Please remember that Australia is notoriously expensive for everything. Let me provide you with a price list for our local and only cinema for miles https://www.odeon.co.uk/booking/ticket/section/1c3eb5def18a56797cdc08a1e4659d8fbd24aff6/1/ to watch Gravity at 7.10pm mid week! I will leave you to do the currency conversion however yet again UK exceeds Australia on the price front. I also love the additional 71p for remote booking too!:sad:

S

Why do currency conversion , it has nothing to do with the price of things unless you are on holiday here. If you are going to compare then you have to compare wages also. Fuel is cheap here by the way.

Dito for the Telstra thing.... Also used to get $10 tickets if you were a Bupa customer! And if you use your entertainment book to preorder tickets and then use like vouchers!

How does the Telstra discount work? I'm a Telstra customer and haven't heard of this :unsure:

I just log into the Telstra website and there's a link for cinema tickets. You chose the cinema, film and time and then it takes you to the cinemas own booking page and the tickets are $10. No booking fee either!