what is classed as "resided in"

Guest Claire-n-tel

Guest Claire-n-tel

Evening all!

Just wondering re police checks, it says needed for and country you have "resided" in for 12 months or more cumulatively in the last 10 years.....

We have spent lots of time holidaying and traveling around india in last 10 years probably over 12 months total

So do we need police checks from india, i wouldn't have said we have ever lived or resided there??

This is just my opinion (I'm no expert) but I'm pretty sure it wouldn't mean places you've visited such as India. Your residence is where you live, where you come home to, where you have a home. Also where you have a legal right to live (as in a resident visa) or where you are resident for tax purposes.

Holidaying is not residing and you had a residential address elsewhere (home), a working holiday, as in the working holiday visa or voluntary work, I think would be, as you would have had to give some sort of residential address for tax, employer etc. As long as you have a continuous string of residential addresses then I cannot see the need to mention holidays. But as always someone else will have greater knowledge/ experience on this subject.

Guest Guest75

"Reside" is termed as living in not visiting...........

Don't forget I can give you a Citizen's reference.................. can't wait to say..........."Great fun after 6 beers"..............................:biglaugh::biglaugh:

Seriously............don't forget the offer of a charachter reference - or an appearance inf neccessary - we will be there for you luvverly 2 :cute:

Do three doted on and very well loked after Bedlington Terriers count ???

:unsure: