kadina

UK xmas lights

Hi are there any electrical minded people on here that can help. I have a few sets of those new lights that don't burn much energy only got them last year, but at least one of them has a special adaptor to change the amps on the lead and also a button you press to create different lighting effects lol, what I want to know is if I was to change the plug on them to an Australian one would I stuff them up?? am reluctant to do this if it does I may just have to get hold of some UK adaptors (and don't worry Im not putting up my decs yet just sorting them out, its far too early yet xx) thanks in advance

Just changing the plug will not affect them but if you don't want to risk it, just buy an adapter. (I'm assuming they're 240 volt)

Thanks for responding Doug, yes 240, do you know if you can get the adaptors here ?? the only one I have I got in the UK thanks again

Just changing the plug will not affect them but if you don't want to risk it, just buy an adapter. (I'm assuming they're 240 volt)

Bunnings or any of the diy/hardware stores will have adaptors. I got ours in Bunnings, as a short term measure til I got round to changing the plugs....still haven't changed the plugs : )

oh thanks Sinob ive never thought to even look for one over here, we've changed all our plugs but sometimes its easier with some things if its temporary to have an adaptor, I will have a look for one when I next pass thanks again

Bunnings or any of the diy/hardware stores will have adaptors. I got ours in Bunnings, as a short term measure til I got round to changing the plugs....still haven't changed the plugs : )

Guest Helchops

If you've bought them recently, they'll almost certainly have a power 'brick' - usually green or black in colour which is a transformer. If you cut this off and replace it with a plug, the lights will explode!! You DON'T want to do this!

The only thing you can do is get an adaptor - or put an Ozzie Plug on a UK extension cable so you could plug four or more UK plugs into one power strip. Regardless of whether the voltage is 240v do not cut off the power brick!!