Lol63

Rental agents

My son is renting in north Adelaide, but has had lots of problems with his agent, I was wondering if there is somewhere you can report the agent for doing things illegally like a governing body or something, as my son has been put on TICA without prior notice, plus a lot of other things, etc etc, have phoned the ombudsman, nowt do with him, phoned the OCBA and they are dragging their feet and it needs sorting. Any help would be greatly appreciated xx

I feel your pain. I had a terrible agent when I first got here. I did contact someone (I can't remember who) then they tried to put my rent up two months after another rent increase (can only do it every 6 months). They certainly knew my agent well from having lots of calls.

I hope you get it all sorted. It is so stressful.

I have my final inspection on my last house tomorrow which I took on through aforementioned rubbish agent. It wasn't a great property when I moved in, and I've left it looking better than when I moved in, but I don't have much faith that rubbish agent kept my snag list (I do have a copy).

Guest patsmb
    My son is renting in north Adelaide, but has had lots of problems with his agent, I was wondering if there is somewhere you can report the agent for doing things illegally like a governing body or something, as my son has been put on TICA without prior notice, plus a lot of other things, etc etc, have phoned the ombudsman, nowt do with him, phoned the OCBA and they are dragging their feet and it needs sorting. Any help would be greatly appreciated xx

I think there is a rental tenancy tribunal ask at the housing trust offices at Noarlunga as they deal with binds etc and I think could point you in the right direction