Guest hel&sam

sending the cat

Guest hel&sam

it'll be ages yet i know but anyone got an idea of a ballpark figure on sending a cat over and of course the quarantine.

Guest Guest75
    it'll be ages yet i know but anyone got an idea of a ballpark figure on sending a cat over and of course the quarantine.

I reckon it would be around 2000 Pounds (no pound sign on keyboard).

You've got to really love your cat :):)

My inlaws used a very good company called golden arrow to send 2 cats to NZ and I think it cost about £3000 for both of them.

Kris

Actually it cost about £1400 for both of them (sorry Kris!). They picked them up from Nuneaton (they are based the other side of Bham), kept them for a couple of days while they did the final tests and then drove them to Manchester where they flew to Heathrow,( I think this was because the pet export people are better and less hassled at Manchester,) then on to LA, Auckland, then internal flight down to Wellington where we picked them up! They dont get fed from when they leave the uk but they have water. Our moggies were fine - just tired and thirsty. They were 15 when they left the UK last year and are doing fine. They dont have to do quarantine in NZ which obviously helps. We hope to take them to Oz at the end of this year or early next if they are still ok, which they should be. I was very worried about them flying over but they looked a lot better than we did when we got off the flight in NZ.! Cats have short memories!

Guest hel&sam

thanks for that. at that price i'd expect her to have smoked salmon in the 1st class section. might have to leave the kids and take the cat. hmmm decisions decisions. :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh: