Sign in to follow this  
Guest cloudnine

Letter of Offer

Guest cloudnine

Hi Guys,

i was hoping that someone could shed a little light on employment law here in Adelaide. I have worked for a company for a week and been given finally an offer of letter by a signed management consultant who works for the company but on letter headed paper.

In Blighty an offer would be made by an officer of the company and I am unsure of it's legal binding as such here.

Thanks so much Poms in Adelaide. I appreciate your help and hope I can conrtribute the same to others soon !

Cloudnine 'x

Hi Guys,

i was hoping that someone could shed a little light on employment law here in Adelaide. I have worked for a company for a week and been given finally an offer of letter by a signed management consultant who works for the company but on letter headed paper.

In Blighty an offer would be made by an officer of the company and I am unsure of it's legal binding as such here.

Thanks so much Poms in Adelaide. I appreciate your help and hope I can conrtribute the same to others soon !

Cloudnine 'x

If the letter purports to be from the employer and is written with authority, it is a formal offer of employment. The letter will usually contain terms and conditions of employment, probably as an attachment or with a reference to company documents.

It's an official offer. Congrats!

Guest cloudnine

Thanks - is it a contract in state though as it has the things I'd eexpect in an employment contract?

Thanks for your thanks - I am very lucky to be in the position of having two jobs to choose from. Want to make sure the T's are crossed and the I's are dotted.

Guest cloudnine

Sorry just to check I'm pedantic like this. It's on letter headed paper. It says Letter of Offer on the bottom and is signed by the Management company helping the company. Does that stand as a legal binding court enforcing contract?

Lucie

Sorry just to check I'm pedantic like this. It's on letter headed paper. It says Letter of Offer on the bottom and is signed by the Management company helping the company. Does that stand as a legal binding court enforcing contract?

Lucie

It is lawful and is a common law contract that you are being offered. If the management company is acting for the employer, then they have the authority to do this. If you have any serious worries then it might be advisable to contact a lawyer.