Bevev's

Dog carers

Hi guys,

Wondering if someone could help. We are off to Sydney in Jan for 4 days and need to find someone to look after our lovely dog. He is such a cwtchy (welsh word!) loving Kelpie/Staffie cross that he would be traumatized if he had to go into the kennels.

Somebody said they had heard that you can pay for your pet to live with a carer for x amount of days, with their family. Does anyone know anything like this around. I don't mind paying, just want someone to love him when we are away.

Thank you x

Guest Guest75

Hiya Bev (and Claire!), we went the house sitter route and had some lovely people stay and look after our 3 Bedlington Terriorists...... they even taught them how to write emails to us and give little reports - how smart is that and how lucky were we!:cute::cute:

I have used a lovely lady who stays in your house. friend of a friend but she looked after our 2 boys for 5 weeks when we went to the UK in Sept. She has also done a couple of weekends. She lives at Christies with her elderly parents.

She is mid 30's professional woman and big dog lover. I can PM you details if you are interested

Karen

Hi there,

Try trustedhousesitters.com. We have been housesitting this past year whilst I'm having a career break and have been lucky enough to work our way through France, and even Melbourne for a month. We have looked after all sorts of cats and dogs (in The south of France at the moment looking after 2 elderly dogs and 2 cats). The website will have a tonne of people you can chose from and you are able to check their profiles and message them, or put an ad on there and wait for replies. Speaking to our homeowners of the pets we have looked after, their ad's get on average 15 ish replies, so you will have plenty to choose from....and australia is one of the most sought after countries as well!!

hope that helps

Thanks guys for your advice. I can't go down the house sitter route though because we are renting and the owners live next door!!

Just bumping it up in case there is someone who could take him into their home for 3 nights, paid of course.

Thx Bev

We used Dontfretpet when i was in uk and were really pleased with them.I know the summer hols is a busy time though,,but worth giving them a try.

Sue