Guest Dwain243

Visa

Guest Dwain243

Hi all

Me and my partner are looking at moving to adelaide and just wondered if anyone had any advice on visas.

Weve had a price off a company to do are visas and it's roughly £8000 for the both of us and our 2 children.

Is this expensive to what anybody else paid and also can you do it yourself and if so how long does it take?

Any feed back welcome

thank you

Cost wise I've no clue. What visa type?

I'd assess if it's something you can do yourselves or if you would rather an agent. Plenty of people do it themselves, others hire agents.

What visa type are you looking at? And do you have anything that could possibly hinder your application like a criminal record or serious health problem etc? Those are the main things to consider as that is where an agent would really be able to guide you through.

If you do decide to go the agent route ensure they are MARA registered and check reviews/feedback on them before parting with any cash or signing on the dotted line. There are a few dodgy companies out there.

Guest Dwain243

Hi claire

the company we approached said the best visa for us was a skilled sponsored 190 visa.

hi snifter

the person we spoke to got are family members moved over ten years ago so we know there reliable.

We have double checked though as we were advised to check.

thank you

For the 190 subclass you are looking at the following costs purely for the visa:

• Primary Applicant $3,520
    • Secondary Applicants >18 $1,760
    • Secondary Applicants <18 $880

Which is $7040 - there will then potentially be costs to the sponsoring state - and the migration agents fees.

Check you are using a registered migration agent. There is some more info here https://www.mara.gov.au/using-an-agent/working-with-your-agent/what-to-expect-from-your-agent/

there used to be a page which provided average fees, but their site has been updated recently so the link has changed

Tee