singingpom

Carry on renting property out, or sell up?

Hi all.

We have a property in Munno Para West which we have rented out through agents for the last five years. Initially good tenants but, over the last three years it has been a nightmare with tenants attempting to disappear, leaving more costs than the bond covers, having pets in a "no pet" lease, and us having to constantly hound the agents to chase up arrears. Not always easy when you are still in the UK.

I read on a few other threads that it is all weighted in favour of landlords. That's not what we have found.

We are seriously considering selling but, having already tried that once we are a few thousand dollars worse off than we were, and not even a sniff of a buyer.

Does anyone have any experience of selling by auction, or is it a minefield to tread?

Does anyone know of a good agent who doesn't expect mega bucks up front but, is willing to go for the "no sale - no fee" option?

Any and all suggestions and advice would be welcome.

Cheers.

Have you considered changing your property management agent? A good one should look after your property as if it were their own, and if you sell up now you will probably lose a fair amount of money, as property prices have not increased much in the last five years. There is a lady called Brooke Sims who I have been recommended as an agent - she doesn't work for one of the bigger agencies, but I have been recommended to her as someone with principals and morals who will really go the extra mile. If you google Brooke Sims Property Group you should be able to find her details. Checking out potential tenants is so important, and you need someone that won't cut corners

I have private messaged you on here thanks x

Hi Diane.

Many thanks for the information. I will keep Brooke Sims in mind if we don't get a bit more joy soon from our property agents.

Cheers.