huggesy

Christmas cards!

Yep to send or not to send! I've decided to send a few but instead of writing an essay we have decided to record a video and attach a qr code for people to scan so they can view it, so if anyone is looking for an alternative method of the Christmas letter.

Nice idea.

For a fair few years now we have not sent cards. We take the money we'd normally spend in cards and postage then donate it to a couple of different charities each year. Usually local ones, local children's hospice and an animal rescue were our charities of choice last year.

Gee how expensive is it to send cards now!!! I couldn't believe it shall definitely do something different next year was just easier this time

I only send a few now.Like a lot of things here ,the actual Cards are tardy quality,and a rip off!I suppose i just resent paying big bucks to wish friends a Happy Christmas when i can do it on the net,and by Facetime!So while i'm now writing about this i would like to take the opportunity to wish all you PIA members a very Merry Christmas,and a Happy New Year!

I tend to use Moonpig online they often do 5 for the price of 4 near Xmas and it works out cheaper. You can personalise them and add photos to some, well worth a look at. :biggrin:

Guest AliinAus

Lovely idea, it cost me $78 last weekend to send Christmas cards ... will have to trim the list next year lol

We have been here nearly 7 years and still send Christmas cards to friends and family in the UK. I must admit when it cost us $70 in stamps this year, I spoke to the lady in the post office about the increase in the cost of stamps. She explained that because people are sending less cards over to the UK, the cost of sending them over there still stays the same for Australia Post, so the price increase is to cover the drop in numbers, I guess it is a vicious circle because the more the price increases, the less cards people will send.

I always buy 'Aussie' themed cards because people in the UK like receiving them and they seem to think our life in Australia is far more exotic than theirs (I often remind them that we still have to do the food shopping and wash our clothes etc all the usual boring stuff). Quite a few of the people we send to are retired/elderly/on their own and they love to receive a Christmas card from Australia.