Diane

Off to the Ashes today

The Barmies were in fine voice last night in various pubs in the city (Well, sort of fine voice, if your ears aren't particularly fine tuned!)

I was out with a mate and there was a particularly good vibe around Rundle St - good to see the city looking so lively.

Unfortunately not quite the joyful experience it was 3 years ago - look at the scoreboard then -

610 to England, they declared at 620, if only............

image0003.jpg

Edited by Anne B

Guest bigal

I'm going tomorrow, my wife won the tickets on the radio ABC 891.

Praying for a miracle. Been here nearly 17 years.....COME ON THE POMS !!

I guess to have to be Briton (or affiliated :)) to be able to enjoy all the subtleties of such a bor...I mean exotic game ! Mind you, we have curling after all :):biglaugh:

I guess to have to be Briton (or affiliated :)) to be able to enjoy all the subtleties of such a bor...I mean exotic game ! Mind you, we have curling after all :):biglaugh:

Well Friday was my first experience of the cricket. Have to say it was quality, crackin day out :biglaugh:

Spotted another Hibs fan knocking about in the away shirt but didnt get a chance to chatmandu.

The Barmy Army are quality, boys doing the YMCA dance cracked me up. Only folk getting launched out by coppers that I saw were Aussies.

Met a few other characters knocking about, DJ from the Northern Soul night (Mike?) who spotted my Specials T Shirt, I really need to get along to that night.

All in all a quality day out, beer cricket and banter. For anyone thinking of going, get over there. Only regret was having to get back home early after the match, looks like one huge party when the barmies are here.:cool:

The Barmie Army are heading to PJ O'Brien's on East Terrace after the day's play if you want to learn some of the songs!

Guest cazzie

We went on Friday too - awesome stadium and the atmosphere was great. Shame the poms are not on form though! :)

Guest AliinAus

Lol, my hubby and his dad were texting last night (FIL had predicted an England whitewash at the start of the Ashes), Hubby said he was supporting Aus because they were the players he knows and watches regularly ... FIL's response was "but you were born in England and don't forget it".

Can't support the aussies however hard I try (which I admit, isn't all that hard!) - I'd far rather support a team where the players shake the opponents' hands when they reach a century, than a team who feel shoving and pushing and verbal abuse of a couple of young lads playing for the other team when you're way ahead in the game anyway is anything to be proud of. Really think the umpires need to grow a set and nip it in the bud far better than they are doing. And as for Clarke, he should be setting a far better example, not joining in - it's not a good look. Even the aussie commentators on ABC were saying the same so it's not just sour grapes on my part!

Is it too much to hope Mitchell Johnson (character from the Village People as he is) will get a few matches' ban for bad behaviour? :wink: