Guest Archie

Any jobs going for a Paint sprayer/team leader-BMW Trained

Guest Archie

Hi everyone,I've recently moved to semaphore from Oxford where for the last 11 years I've been working for BMW at the MINI car plant.I was working in the paint shop and my duties included full panel repairs (prepping,masking,spraying),Team Leader of 15 staff ( sorting out weekly labour/ holidays etc ).I would con consider any job so if anyone can help please get in touch.Thanks for any help giving guys!!

**Please contact via PM***

Edited by Diane
    phone and email removed as per forum rules

Unfortunately you've picked a bad time to start looking for anything in automotive...although any time in the past three years or so would have been just as bad. With the layoffs at Holden and all their onward supply chain companies, the market is saturated with people who have good local experience in the industry, and it looks like things are going to get worse.

Sorry to start with bad news - the good news is that if you are prepared to take a sideways move, or change career a little, you will stand a much better chance of finding something. Spread your net wide, register with some contracting agencies, be prepared to take anything and everything, and fingers crossed, opportunities will hopefully come up.

I wish you all the luck in the world: my OH spent 25 years with Ford in the UK, then about five here in the same industry. He is now doing something totally different - I have various saved searches that email me with jobs that would suit his skills, and I can't remember you how long it's been since I saw anything in automotive!

Guest Archie

Thanks for that,I'm willing to take what's ever going at the mo,it's hard just trying to find something so any help anyone can throw my way is very much appreciated

Guest Archie

Hi not I haven't but I will,do you know the name by any chance? Thank you

You can't miss them on West Terrace, there is a mini car stuck on the outside of the dealership (I think it is still there)!

http://www.adelaidemotors.com.au/com/en/insights/aboutus/contactus.html

http://www.adelaide.minigarage.com.au/contactus/index.html

I would personally go in and talk to them directly, take your resume (make sure your contact information is current), dress to impress, sell yourself (but don't be too pushy) and thank them for their time.

If you read this forum on a regular basis you will already be aware that Nov/Dec/Jan are generally the most difficult months to gain work, as things slow down over this period. If people are arriving in that period I always suggest that people bring extra funds to cover themselves, just in case. A lot of people are on countdown now for Friday 20th December for the Christmas break and many will not return to work until Monday 6 January. There is also a public holiday at the end of January and the kids are on their summer holidays in January, so a lot of people take annual leave in Dec/Jan. Things often don't get back to 'normal' until February. I have already noticed a difference in traffic this week driving to work, the roads are a lot quieter on my journey.

Archie,have sent hubby's dtls via a PM, he has spoken to a paint rep for one of the major paint distributors and can point you in the right direction hopefully of people looking for Paintsprayers.

Please reply to my PM asap.

Sue