Guest Guest75

New Australian health warning!

Guest Guest75

11.jpg

Had you going for that one moment..............:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Happy Monday.

I do have a new health warning though - check your inhaler BEFORE you take a puff from it. Haven't used mine in awhile but when I did at the weekend, I propelled a small white tail spider into the back of my throat. Managed to cough the bugger up into the sink. He must have been using it as his home. I love this country!

Oh, and watch out for hand dryers - I had one spark out at me a few months ago whilst at work. Yeap, even the hand dryers are out to kill you.

Edited by zebedee

OH was recently sent on a work course about the dangers of snakes and spiders out on site. Two things surprised him: firstly if you are bitten by a brown snake, chances are you won't even feel the bite, so if you are walking in long grass, wear something like jeans or boots rather than thin cotton trousers or leggings (less of an issue for the OH!). Second was that despite what everybody will tell you, Huntsmen spiders will, and do bite people. Probably the most common bite as people have been told they are harmless, try and pick them up, and pow! They get you!

Guest Guest8609

Check your towels before you use them!

Recently (exceptionally!) I used a bath towel to dry my hair. When I bent over and started drying my hair, the spider that looked very much like redback fell down from the towel. I didn't have time to look for a red mark on it's butt, but last year I was taking photos of redbacks and I know exactly their shape, size and quite specific legs (you can see the photo in some spider-related thread on this forum). Anyway, I was supposed to dry my body with this very towel, so I almost hugged the spider...

Edited by Guest8609