Guest chrisgreenmagic

Over 30 issues

Guest chrisgreenmagic

Hi guys,

Probably going to be reprimanded for writing this but I am living in the UK with my Adelaidean girlfriend. We are looking at moving back to Aus for a couple of years but becuase I am over 30 with no qualifiable skills, I can see no Visa I can apply for and am therefore, not wanted by Australia :(

Is this really the case?

Agree with Blossom, if you meet the de facto requirements they are looking for.

It's an 8-9 month wait for this visa from application (off shore) currently.

Be aware though that the requirements for bringing her back to the UK as your partner are far tougher now (if she does not hold UK citizenship). There is a minimum financial amount you will have to be earning for her to be able to apply for a partner visa. It's catching a lot of people out. Read up on that also.

Guest Claire-n-tel
    Hi guys,

Probably going to be reprimanded for writing this but I am living in the UK with my Adelaidean girlfriend. We are looking at moving back to Aus for a couple of years but becuase I am over 30 with no qualifiable skills, I can see no Visa I can apply for and am therefore, not wanted by Australia :(

Is this really the case?

Hey Chris, how did the Haigh's go down?!

Claire :jiggy:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By MacLeods
        I have a lovely self contained studio apartment  to let on short term basis from December 17 in the leafy suburb of O’Halloran Hill.
        It’s ideal for a couple or single who has newly arrived and a great place to start your new life from whilst looking for long term accomodation.
        The studio is fully furnished and equipped, linen, towels, wifi, tv, microwave, cooker, fridge all you need to do is book and show up.
        Minimum rental 1 week to 6 weeks ( negotiable)
        If you’re interested, please send me a PM and I will get back to you with details, availability, photos and answer any questions you may have.
        Thanks
        Michelle 

• By MacLeods
        I have a lovely self contained studio apartment  to let on short term basis from December 17 in the leafy suburb of O’Halloran Hill.
        It’s ideal for a couple or single who has newly arrived and a great place to start your new life from whilst looking for long term accomodation.
        The studio is fully furnished and equipped, linen, towels, wifi, tv, microwave, cooker, fridge all you need to do is book and show up.
        Minimum rental 1 week to 6 weeks ( negotiable)
        If you’re interested, please send me a PM and I will get back to you with details, availability, photos and answer any questions you may have.
        Thanks
        Michelle 

• By Harry Swallow
        Hey all,

Im new to Adelaide, been here around a month or so after travelling Australia an I'm looking for regional work to sign me off for my 2nd year visa! Currently on 1 year working holiday... Don't know if this is the right place to ask but thought it would be worth a try and see if anyone knew anything or had any suggestions? 

Thanks all, Harry