JayneyB

457 questions !!!😖😖

Hi everyone,

My hubby, myself and 2 girls are moving to adelaide from singapore ( relocation )

The 457 has just been put into action by his company but we think it won't be finished before the girls are due to start school at the end of Jan ( they are enrolled already )

Does anyone know if myself and the girls can fly to adelaide earlier on another ( tourist?) visa until the 457 is processed ( prob mid feb due to government hols). If we can, would we have to leave Adelaide again to come back in on the 457? I'm asking these as I've yet had no reply from our immigration agents!!!

Another hold up could be the police clearance cert we seem to need from the Middle East where we lived previous!!! Can this be ongoing whilst in Oz or do we need it before the 457 is OK'd ..

thanks in advance folks ... Looking forward to joining you all soon ☺️☺️☺️☺️

Personally I wouldn't even consider moving until I had that visa in my hot sweaty little hand. What happens if you are here and the visa gets refused for some reason?

Practically, there is a limit to how long you can study on a tourist visa. Have a look on the immigration website and it will tell you under the 'what this visa allow you to do' bit.

Guest AliinAus

I don't know if the children would be allowed to enrol on a tourist visa anyway.

Guest Claire-n-tel
    Another hold up could be the police clearance cert we seem to need from the Middle East where we lived previous!!! Can this be ongoing whilst in Oz or do we need it before the 457 is OK'd ..

Hi Jayney!.....immi will have to have recieved all relevant police checks before they will grant your visa