flossybeth

Book shop

Not sure if this should have gone here or in the education forum....

Anyway, I was Christmas shopping at the Noarlunga Centre on Thursday and to my amazement discovered there is no book shop in the Centre (could possibly says something disparaging about the southern suburbs here but I won't) and was just wondering if anyone knows of any book shops down this way or will I have to be a sneaky shopper when we go up to the Magic Cave this coming week? :xmas8:

Hi flossybeth,I don't know of any books shops down your way,but from old posts alot of people use online bookstores.I can't think of any off the top of my head but someone on here will know what I'm talking about!lol

Guest vikkiann

I was there today and there is a stall in the middle, I think it was by the food court (it might only be there on Saturdays). There is a book shop in the seaford shopping centre but it's not very good, I usually either download onto my ipad or buy them in k mart

well Flossybeth...I know its not like browsing through a real bookshop -but The Book Depository is an online store that will sell you almost any book in English cheaper than you can buy it here and send it free to Oz.

:swoon:John B

There's a QBD store in Marion but I think it's really expensive. TBH, I still buy most of my books from Amazon or I download onto my ipad. Failing that our local library is pretty damn good...

well Flossybeth...I know its not like browsing through a real bookshop -but The Book Depository is an online store that will sell you almost any book in English cheaper than you can buy it here and send it free to Oz.

:swoon:John B

Thanks JB,thats the website I could'nt remember earlier!lol

Thank you - it's for books for Christmas so I've left the online ordering a bit late! and we definitely make use of the library (we even borrow balls and games from it!) for general reading. I just like to buy a new Christmas story every year and make sure the children each have a new book as well as a massive pile of plastic stuff; I've just been a bit slack in my organisation (I'm using the fact that my Dad has just been visiting as my excuse...) The eldest is sorted and the middle one was but then he bought a duplicate from their school book fair. I shall certainly browse the one in Noralunga - can easily make that into a day at the beach.

I visited the bookshop in Port Noarlunga yesterday and it's great :smile:. They had loads of books (as you might expect!) a reduced section, a coffee table to sit at and browse and (the english) owners were super helpful - offering to order in anything we might want. I managed to buy what I was looking for and will definitely be going back. Thanks for the link.