Lily Rainbow

SA's best Holiday Towns!And I've been to most of them!lol

Just having a read of the Oz news,and came across this story.Might be good for those thinking of paying a visit or to get some new idea's for the annual holiday!Waikerie is like a second home to me!Spent many a long weekend up there as a kid/teenager and its a great little town!

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/travel/australia/heavenly-havens-we-rate-south-australias-best-holiday-towns/story-fnjjv0yb-1226782744248

I was abit surprised not to see Moonta on that list actually?My parents owned a second home up there and its a great little place!Steeped in cornish history (the town has an annual cornish festival)and Port Hughes has a great beach which is nearby.

Yes, there was a time when all my neighbours had shacks at Moonta and it was like the whole street decamped there at Christmas! Good to read in that article about the Waikerie Bakery though - as I now finally know how to pronounce the town name correctly! (I was going for Why-kerie like Waikiki as opposed to rhyming with Bakery - although come to think of it, I probably pronunce Waikiki wrong too!)