Guest tef

i am hoping for a little help

Guest tef

hi there , my name is Sean and I have just signed up to this forum.

The reason I have signed up is because my partner is performing at the Adelaide Fringe festival in 2014 and I am hoping to find some kind of accommodation for her . I have looked into apartments etc and have come to the conclusion that they will probably be out of our budget so I am looking for alternatives. I will write a short description of her and our situation and hope that maybe somebody on here can offer any help or advice on how to go about things.

My partner "Kay" is a 40yr young Yorkshire Lass who will be performing throughout the festival from the 10-11th February to the 17th March. She is a lovely down to earth lass who is understandably a little nervous about travelling to the other side of the world on her own ,I am understandably nervous on her behalf as I wouldn't want anything to mar her experience in any way, so I guess what i'm hoping for is a nice family or couple with a spare room to get in touch with us and possibly have a chat about renting a room, generally being there for her for the duration of the festival. I wouldn't expect her to be babysat 24 /7 and neither would she or you for that matter :) anyway im hoping someone out there can help us out so I look forward to hearing from anyone who thinks they can , it would certainly put my mind at rest to know she had somewhere safe to stay .

sincerely

Sean (Tef)

Hiya, have a look at https://www.airbnb.com.au/ - they have stuff like rooms in a shared house, or apartments etc at very reasonable prices. If you still have no luck try getting in touch with the people at Adelaide Comedy http://www.adelaidecomedy.com/ and ask them if they know of anywhere. They are a great bunch of people and am sure they will do their best to help your OH out if they can. Good luck to her - what sort of show is she appearing in?

PS: Get her to have a read of Georgie Carroll's blog here http://georgiecarroll.com/2012/06/ - Georgie had her first Fringe show last year here and kept a blog about the lead up etc, your partner might enjoy reading it

Edited by Diane

Hi tef :) Also might be worth checking out the house sitting site.

Here is the Adelaide section. Am not sure if your partner could list herself as available between certain dates or if it's only for those seeking a house sitter. Either way, check it out and see what you think, read reviews etc.

http://m.aussiehousesitters.com.au/house-sitting-adelaide

Alas we don't have room but if I do hear of someone with a spare room going I'll keep her in mind. I know a couple of people with lodgers but ATM their rooms are all taken.

Guest tef

thank you Snifter ,

I am looking at all options for her as we are on a serious budget but im really gratefull for any and all suggestions :)

Guest tef

Diane, my other half is a burlesque dancer ,she is getting a big name for herself in the uk and this is her first international gig , I am extremely proud of her achievements you can check her routines out on facebook just search " Raven Noir" and enjoy .

I'm not sure if Georgie is doing the Adelaide Fringe this year - possibly Melbourne Comedy Festival instead :smile: If you're a member of the PIA FB group, send her a message and ask her.