Guest jimdundee

Can I get my twin sister here???

Guest jimdundee

Hi everyone

I am looking for some advise. Me and my husband have been here for just over 4 years and we are soon to apply for citizenship. I have a twin sister still living in the uk and she would so much love to come here to live (she has been here 4 times in 4 years just to visit).

My sister is 33 and her fiancée is 48. She has a degree in childminding but hasn't had any experience in the last 10 years as she has worked in another occupation. Her fiancé is a gas fitter.

we did look into family sponsorship but she has to be the last remaining relative? Our parents still live in the uk but they are separated.

Any advise on this will be greatful.

Jason

Well they (one at least) will have to have an occupation on one of the skills lists, as you maybe did? Look at http://www.immi.gov.au/skills/skillselect for all the guidance you need on skilled visas. (Ididn't know you could get a Degree in childminding - suspect the title is different but it would be work experience & a skills Assessment she'd need anyway) Check the fiance's occupation though, that might be better, but they need to be living-together partners I believe to apply together.

Guest jimdundee

Thanx freesia for the reply. Degree??? What was I thinking. It was a NVQ level 3 which I'm sure would be equal to cert 3 in Australia? They do live together already. As for her partners job, he is 48 and if I remember isn't the cut off for skilled visa 45? Will just keep looking into what options (if there is any) and maybe speak to an agent in the new year.

Thanx freesia for the reply. Degree??? What was I thinking. It was a NVQ level 3 which I'm sure would be equal to cert 3 in Australia? They do live together already. As for her partners job, he is 48 and if I remember isn't the cut off for skilled visa 45? Will just keep looking into what options (if there is any) and maybe speak to an agent in the new year.

and if I remember isn't the cut off for skilled visa 45?

It is now 50, with possible waivers in some cases..

May I suggest that you consult a registered migration agent, sooner Rather than later?

Guest jimdundee

Thanks wrussell I didn't know they had put the age limit up. That is a great bit of news. I have informed them to contact an agent ASAP to see if they have a chance.

Thanks again

jason