Woodcroft college

Guest theforrests

Guest theforrests

My daughter is currently in a public primary school which I'm not 100% happy with. Does anyone have experience of Woodcroft College at primary level? Is it a good school? Thanks

I don't have experience unfortunately but its a very popular private school, some years have waiting lists, best to ring them & have a good look around.

My children go to All Saints & there have been a couple of problems, like all schools, but on the whole they both give it a 9/10 & they are both happy to go every day.

Good luck

Angela

Guest Leanne & Mark

Woodcroft does look good!! Its certainly on our list.

We are still in uk, but have done private and state ed with ours, in my experience primary schools that are seperate perform better than those attached to the senior schools. I think thats because most children can go all the way through the school until they are 18, they don't need to perform as well in the early years. I would imagine because they don't have to meet certain standards to get the kids upto the next school. Although it can also mean they cover a broader range of subjects.

If you plan on keeping them at the same school it doesn't matter of course, as they will more than meet the requirements later on.

Also our regret is we put ours in private ed at 2 !/2 yrs old, whilst they were more than happy i wish we had saved our money for when thay were older as any good private school will bring them up to standard in those last years of primary. Instead of finding they loose that edge private schools gives em, by going back in to the rigid state system.

Obviously this is my opinion of the UK SYSTEM, it could be completely wrong for Australia, but something to think about.

Guest theforrests

Hi Angela

Thanks for the tip regarding Woodcroft - I will call them after the holidays. I am considering All Saints - but we are not a catholic family and therefore are quite low on the school's enrolment list. Is it a very religious school?

Thanks

:-)

Guest Libby1971

In the UK, religious schools still have to follow the policy of the local education authority on the teaching of Religious Education which means they should learn about other religions. Here no such ruling exists and so if the school is Catholic, then you can take it that it closely follows the teaching of the Catholic faith and very little other religion is taught. As these schools are all private, the parents are quick to become involved/ comment if the teaching does not fit with what they want.

Prayers are usually said at the start of the day, the children attend mass and a priest will come into the school for one reason or another. Children will be encouraged to take their First Holy Communion and to take Confirmation classes.

Guest Guest75
Hi Angela

Thanks for the tip regarding Woodcroft - I will call them after the holidays. I am considering All Saints - but we are not a catholic family and therefore are quite low on the school's enrolment list. Is it a very religious school?

Thanks

:-)

Hiya

Our daughter attended Woodcroft College from YR7 to YR12.

It is a good school with a great environment ,kids in general seem to be well mannered and confident with adults.

No real gripes about the school at all :D

It is an Anglican schools which is the equivalent of Church of England in the UK.

No religion "rammed" down the kids but religious studies are part of the curriculum.

A good balance..........:D

• 5 months later...
Guest motlyman

Hi,

Just thought i would bump this one again as we are interested also in Woodcroft.

Went to the open tour and was impressed with what we saw and heard.

Cant beat a recomendation though.

Colin

Guest dale_jo@
My daughter is currently in a public primary school which I'm not 100% happy with. Does anyone have experience of Woodcroft College at primary level? Is it a good school? Thanks

Chelsea has just started Transitition their for Reception next year ans she absolutely loves it!!!!!

So Far So Good!!!

:wubclub::wubclub:

Isn't interesting in that my original post of 9/10 for All Saints, for us, is no longer so. Both the boys left last term & now go to Woodcroft Primary.

Brad has been accepted into Woodcroft College from Year 8, High School.

I was also impressed with the tour, students & staff, how quick, friendly & well mannered they all are.

Guest Richard & Amanda

Just a thought.....I went and collected the prospectus and paid the $40 to get on the waiting list. Get on that waiting list sooner rather than later!

I am trying to get Hannah a place for 2011 that will be year 7 I think it is. She is currently year 3.

Popular school but I wanted options though I also have my eye on Reynella East (thanks Libby!!! :wubclub:)

• 1 month later...

My kids are at Reynella East Primary and one is going up to the high school in January............Very happy with everything.............

But they are getting very strict with the zone now..........you must live in the Zone! Big, big waiting lists...........

My kids have been going there now for 2.5 years...............They are in reception, year 3 & 7..........

I know kids at Woodcroft College and also kids who will be attending there next year............have heard good things.........

• 11 months later...
Guest Southrulz20

I have been a Woodcroft College since reception, I graduated 2 weeks ago! and I will tell you if you are living in the south. It is the best possible school to go to. I enjoyed it heaps and the teachers are just fantastic! the school has developed a lot making it even greater and a junior school gym is being built!

I would recommend sending your kids there as it is a fantastic schools and one of the cheaper private schools around

Chelsea has just started Transitition their for Reception next year ans she absolutely loves it!!!!!

So Far So Good!!!

:wubclub::wubclub:

I thought I saw you Jo the other day!! Thomas started Year 1 this term. We went on a tour last term, thinking we'd enroll him for Year 7 but we were so impressed with what we saw/heard that we got him in straight away (fortuantly they had a space for him).

In only a short space of time Thomas has really settled in and is being finally challenge and engaged in his learning. He's a different boy, so full of enthusiasm to go to school and when he gets in the car at the end of the day he talks none stop about what he has learnt/did all the way home. He's now a very happy boy.

Judi x

p.s Jo keep an eye out for me. :wubclub:

• 1 month later...
Guest brussel sprout

Our son has been there since July, in Yr7 and so far we are very impressed too. I can't say he loves it, how many 13 year olds admit to loving school....but no problems so far. It is a caring school and I agree with TYKE that kids in general are well mannered, polite and confident with adults.

Good Luck!