Sign in to follow this  
Guest scoobiedad

maintenance engineer positions?

Guest scoobiedad

Hello everyone, we are new to all this and at the moment everything seems so daunting!!!! I am currently employed as an engineer in a tea factory and we were wondering where the best areas would be to move to for employment in the food industry. I have been employed in various different companies in this line and although I would like to change it seems like a good idea to go with what you know to start with.

I am just getting ready to start the TRA application ,so fingers crossed from now on.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

:notworthy:

Damian 38 (hanging on!!!) engineer

Enid 37 school secretary

Hollie 11 princess !!!!!!!!!!!!

Ewan 8 Morecambe!!!!!!!!

Max 7 Wise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Footsoldier

Try wineries ??.

Maclaren vale,barrosa,and Adelaide hills.

Away from CBD but cheaper housing in some of these areas, and with a resurgence in Aussie wine thanks to our Asian friends the future is looking bright in this area.

Guest paul_smart

Hi Scoobiedad, welcome to the PIA,

A fellow Engineer here, and funny enough I also work in the food industry, though with oils - food and bio fuel, tho that's becoming a dangerous word these days!!

To be honest i've lived and worked in Ads before and there are industrial area's, but i'm moving for the life style, so i'm going to live where I will feel settled and enjoy, if i have to travel an hour each way to work then it will be well worth the sacrifice in my book!!

It took me 20 mins to cross the entire city, so yes it is nice to live near your work but the traffic is so little in SA compared to here it makes little odds your journey time is spent driving, not looking at the rear lights of the stationary car in front, I'm applying for jobs now and maybe that will influence where I go to an extent but not so much i would move to be near the job!!

Guest scoobiedad

Thanks for the the reply Paul. Whilst we are certainly moving for a change of lifestyle and I do not mind travelling for work I was under the the impression that with the South Australia region being so large that we could easily end up being hundreds of miles away from where the work actually is. With not having been to the area it all seems so confusing with the distances invloved.

I must say ,however, that the Barossa valley sounds like " my cup of tea" so if thereis anyone who lives and works in that area I would love to hear from you .

Damian 38 (hanging on!!!) engineer

Enid 37 school secretary

Ewan 8 Morecambe!!!!!!!!

Max 7 Wise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Enid 37 school secretary

Ewan 8 Morecambe!!!!!!!!

Max 7 Wise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ewan 8 Morecambe!!!!!!!!

Max 7 Wise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Enid 37 school secretary

Ewan 8 Morecambe!!!!!!!!

Max 7 Wise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest paul_smart
    Thanks for the the reply Paul. Whilst we are certainly moving for a change of lifestyle and I do not mind travelling for work I was under the the impression that with the South Australia region being so large that we could easily end up being hundreds of miles away from where the work actually is. With not having been to the area it all seems so confusing with the distances invloved.

I must say ,however, that the Barossa valley sounds like " my cup of tea" so if thereis anyone who lives and works in that area I would love to hear from you .!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's true that the state of SA is massive, and you may be well out of the city, my advice, look up the engineering jobs, and their locations and then find them on the map (google earth is good as you can see the surround)

Guest Footsoldier
    I must say ,however, that the Barossa valley sounds like " my cup of tea" so if thereis anyone who lives and works in that area I would love to hear from you .

Hi scoobiedad,

The Barossa is a nice place to live, quite, scenic and a safe environment to bring up the kids. The down side is your not close to the sea but as the Murray river is only 30 min drive to get to, at least the speedboat/seadoo gets wet (Plus no sharks !!!!).

To get into the CBD takes just over an hours drive, but most of the big shopping centres are within 30/40 min drive (Elizabeth and tea tree plaza).

As for work most wineries would have engineers on site but because of the low turnover they don't come up often.

If you want to look for work try northern suburbs as this is where the manufacturing base is strongest. Dont be put off by current travelling times as at the moment the new expressway is being built which will get you quicker into the north than at present(Check out the SA gov website).This should be completed by 2010 and will create more interest in the growth of Gawler and Barossa.

Hope this helps,

Carlton

Guest Footsoldier

Hi scoobiedad,

The Barossa is a nice place to live, quite, scenic and a safe environment to bring up the kids. The down side is your not close to the sea but as the Murray river is only 30 min drive to get to, at least the speedboat/seadoo gets wet (Plus no sharks !!!!).

To get into the CBD takes just over an hours drive, but most of the big shopping centres are within 30/40 min drive (Elizabeth and tea tree plaza).

As for work most wineries would have engineers on site but because of the low turnover they don't come up often.

If you want to look for work try northern suburbs as this is where the manufacturing base is strongest. Dont be put off by current travelling times as at the moment the new expressway is being built which will get you quicker into the north than at present(Check out the SA gov website).This should be completed by 2010 and will create more interest in the growth of Gawler and Barossa.

Hope this helps,

Carlton