Lily Rainbow

RRV and Benefits

Hi all,I might have to come over to Adelaide soon to help look after my Mum.I have a Residents Return Visa,and although I would'nt like to think I would claim unemployment benefits (I'm planning to work atleast part time)I'm just weighing up my options financially.I've always been very independant money wise and never claimed anything in my life.I think with PR you can't claim for 2 years but what about a RRV?

Hi all,I might have to come over to Adelaide soon to help look after my Mum.I have a Residents Return Visa,and although I would'nt like to think I would claim unemployment benefits (I'm planning to work atleast part time)I'm just weighing up my options financially.I've always been very independant money wise and never claimed anything in my life.I think with PR you can't claim for 2 years but what about a RRV?

I don't know but I think you would have needed to have been here for two years already.

http://www.humanservices.gov.au/customer/enablers/newly-arrived-residents-waiting-period

Could you ring Centrelink?

Cheers,

Cooler

Thanks guys,no dependant kids,all left home!lol Ok will look into it.Its no biggie if I can't claim,and tbh I'd rather not go down that route,just wondered.I have some savings so hopefully will be able to live off these before I secure some work,thanks xx

If you're heading for this neck of the woods (iirc your Mum's in Modbury?) give us a shout. Hope things work out.

Thanks Diane,you're a sweetie!Yes Mum lives in Modbury,twin lives in Greenwith.I will probably flit between the two for a while at least!I am flexible with work.At present work for the NHS,but can turn my hand to most things!lol Going to discuss further with OH when he returns home later about the move.xx