Just arrived

Guest taffs

Well cant believe it, where has all the time gone, months of planning and all the goodbyes and Christmas over with.

Flew out from Heathrow on New years day and arrived in Adelaide tonite at 7pm. We are Sitting in our short term rental with a bottle of wine celebrating our first night in Adelaide together .

xx

Welcome! I hope you'll be very happy here! Time has flown since we arrived 17 months ago but I remember very clearly that first night in the short term rental. So many emotions!

All the very best over the next few months, hope you will be very happy!

Sinead

Edited by sinob

Guest jimdundee

Well done guys and welcome to Adelaide. We remember our first night just over 4 years ago. It was like a holiday but it still feels like that now as living here feels like a permanent holiday. We been back to wales once and could see why we moved here. Apart from family there is not much there. Good luck with your new life here in Adelaide.

All the best.

Well cant believe it, where has all the time gone, months of planning and all the goodbyes and Christmas over with.

Flew out from Heathrow on New years day and arrived in Adelaide tonite at 7pm. We are Sitting in our short term rental with a bottle of wine celebrating our first night in Adelaide together .

xx

Welcome! Welcome! Welcome!

Happy New Year and many of them! x

well done Taffs! hope it is everything you expected.

We fly out in 5 days on the 8th January, can't wait to get there now. We have sold the car and finished the packing today, it has been an emotional day today! We are having a leaving party on Saturday, I think it will be an emotional 5 days! but hopefully worth it!

:smile:

Guest Guest75

xx

Welcome!!!

Not quite the weather you expected I guess but warmer than the UK!

Welcome to Adelaide.

There still seems to be plenty of people heading down under. Whenever I read these new arrival postings it makes me think back to our own arrival almost 7 years ago and think about how far we have come. There have been ups and downs along the way, the same as most people, but it makes for some interesting stories and an interesting life I reckon!

Hi everyone, Thank you so much for all your welcomes, its really nice to be here. To the famalies on their way, just enjoy every minute of if. If it makes you feel any better after writting this post last night me and Gail said to one another, what do we do next and where do we start. But we had a fantastic first day today, got my hired car, drove around to find my bearings stopped to do some shopping and took the boys to oakparinga park. Guess what ? I didnt get lost once, ha ha .

Thanks

Jason

Welcome!!!

Not quite the weather you expected I guess but warmer than the UK!

Hi Tyke, It was quite funny when we landed last night, we got off the plane and Alfie my eldest boy said to us I thought you said it doesnt rain in australia.

How could i get out of that one.

Hopefully you will be able to give me some advice about some fishing trips if you dont mind.

Thanks jason

6 days to go for us! We are scared!

It's not easy, I know, when you set off down an unfamiliar road, not to feel scared: but be assured it's going to be fine! Just keep an open mind and try not to make too many negative comparisons with home (because there definitely will be some differences) and in no time at all you'll be feeling happy with the decisions you've made to start a brand new life on the other side of the planet! There's so much good stuff here and so many good people you'll meet along the new road you'll be travelling, that it'll soon feel like home. But, if it doesn't pan out that way after a while, well, you can always go home again. Good luck! Enjoy your new life!

It was quite funny when we landed last night, we got off the plane and Alfie my eldest boy said to us I thought you said it doesnt rain in australia.

How could i get out of that one.

That made me smile. I was the same, I woke up on New Years Day and the first thing I said to my OH was "why is it raining in January?"!!!!!!! You can blame Cyclone Christine for that one!