Ashleigh

Medicals cleared?

Hi,

How do you know when your medicals have been cleared? They have been uploaded by the hospital so wasn't sure if we were able to check if the panel in Sydney had cleared them once they have been looked at?

Not sure.

My understanding is they generally contact you if there is anything of concern, otherwise you don't hear from them regarding medicals.

My medical was referred (I expected this) and it's about a 3 month wait for referred medicals. 3 months later was my visa was granted. Which meant it had cleared being referred of course :) The reason I knew it was referred even with an A rating was because my panel doc indicated it would be but that as it was A rated it should only be a formality for someone to rubber stamp it. My CO confirmed it was referred also but told me nothing else other than the wait time for them. Had it not been referred she would not have told me anything regarding it I am sure.

Guest dingding66

They will personally contact you should a problem arise so we understood and was advised...sure you be fine !

Guest MandiMR2

Hi Ashleigh, no news is good news regarding medical clearance, if there's a problem you'll be contacted within the same week of your medical, otherwise you should receive notification of your visa being granted very shortly, I got mine 13 days after I had my medical! but that was in Oct '12, not sure what the timeframes are now. Best of luck, Mandi x