Blossom

Drive in cinema and other things to do

Hi everyone.

I went to the drive in cinema at gepps cross for the first time last night. I've been putting it off for years because of the location, but I was very pleasantly surprised.

It's only $22 per film for a car with up to 5 people in it. Food and drink are EXPENSIVE but you can take your own. I reckon this will be my new way of watching films. Lol. My car however does look like a popcorn bomb has gone off lol.

Can anyone recommend anything else like that around Adelaide that I might be missing? I'm thinking of going cherry picking in the hills this week if its not too late in the season. And also going down to goolwa cockling. :-)

Gepps Cross Drive in?I spent many late teen years there!Don't ask me what movies we watched cause I don't think we were watching too much!lol Great place though and really good in summer!(not so great in winter,too bloody cold and the windows get too steamed up! ;) How about Strathalbyn for lunch?And a nose round?Tea Tree Gully Swimming pool? A drive to Mannum?(It is hotter up there though so don't choose a too hot a day)Birdwood Motor Museum for a look round and maybe some lunch in one of the pubs?Hahndorf on a late arvo on a Saturday for tea and walk round?

Now that's one event where you REALLY need to know the difference between UK pants and Australian pants...

My husband is from Manchester. Up there they call trousers pants (I had no idea before meeting him). You should have seen my mum's face when she first met him and he said 'ohhhh no, look, I've got a hole in my pants!' Lol.

Guest Claire-n-tel
    Cheeky you.........mental note to self.....avoid the trams on 10 January...

Oh come on.......join in........you know you want to!! :biglaugh:

Guest Claire-n-tel
    Now that's one event where you REALLY need to know the difference between UK pants and Australian pants...

Hey Flossy, i wonder if you will get an influx of undies to be ironed just before this?! :biglaugh:

Oh come on.......join in........you know you want to!! :biglaugh:

No No No....really :nah:

Lead by example will ya?:wink:

Old Tailem Town, it's got loads of complete whole buildings, they just shifted from other places. It's on the freeway between Murray bridge and Tailem Bend.

Guest Guest75
    Old Tailem Town, it's got loads of complete whole buildings, they just shifted from other places. It's on the freeway between Murray bridge and Tailem Bend.

It's a funny old place, don't expect Disneyland or much Health and Safety.

Great to spend a few hours wandering around but if you have youngsters - note they can touch/fiddle with a lot of objects , we noticed the meat slicer was still sharp though rusty!

Just to add, we were walking into one of the houses and a Brown Snake was sat in the doorway sunning itself. Glad I tend to wear jeans and boots to most places such as this.

It's a funny old place, don't expect Disneyland or much Health and Safety.

Great to spend a few hours wandering around but if you have youngsters - note they can touch/fiddle with a lot of objects , we noticed the meat slicer was still sharp though rusty!

Just to add, we were walking into one of the houses and a Brown Snake was sat in the doorway sunning itself. Glad I tend to wear jeans and boots to most places such as this.

Yep, 'funny old place' sums it up. We ducked into the cafe there for a coffee, and our son grabbed an ice cream from the freezer. For the next few days he was really sick and we suspected the power had been off at some point and all the freezer stuff had melted and then refrozen.

Ok, well, even though I always seem to mention this one why should this year be any different?

The Moonlight Cinema, Botanic Gardens. Love it, love it, love it! (Well, Diane has her cherry picking; i have the Moonlight lol!)

http://www.moonlight.com.au/adelaide/

I love The Garden of Unearthly Delights too. It's part of the Fringe and so has some fantastic shows on but, if you just want to look round, take a picnic, and soak up the atmosphere there are some great free street performances.

Enjoy!

LC

Hey, just had to share a great experience that Cazzie and I had over Christmas. We took a trip to Myponga and visited the boutique brewery there (follow the signs from Main South Road as you enter Myponga).

Been there before, loved the beer, food and views of the reservoir before, but this was something special. On public holidays and weekends, the excellent tasting plate is supplemented by wood-fired pizza - yum! But what makes it really, really special is the beer, brewed on the premises.

I tried the German Pilsner (Kolsch, available in your local bottle shop) and the IPA. I can honestly say that they are the best examples of their kind that I have ever tasted. Can't wait to return and try their other beers (but how can I avoid having the Kolsch and IPA again?).

Anyway, for those of you who haven't ventured South - straight down Main South Road, magnificent views of sea and hills. Take a detour round Myponga Reservoir, fantastic views from the lookout.

Thoroughly recommended.

LC just had a quick look at the prices of the moonlight cinema?$12 is pretty good is'nt it?Would love to go the the Grease Sing a Long?lol

Haha! Sooo much fun :) They seem to schedule one sing along film each season... I think they did The Rocky Horror Show one NYE/Day; that would've been funny to watch lol!

The $12 is only on Thursdays though :(

Oh and dog night is coming up so if you fancy taking the furrier members of your family to catch a film, here's your chance!

:biglaugh: LC

Guest Claire-n-tel
    I took my dog to the drive in movies in the uk once. :-)

Blossom....remember what the judge told you.....looking into your neighbours window as you get out of your car is not called going to the drive in! :biglaugh:

I took my dog to the drive in movies in the uk once. :-)

Please tell me your dog wasn't something huge like a St.Bernard or Great Dane lol!

Where was your drive-in movie venue, Blossom? I didn't realise they had them in the UK and I was surprised to find them here. Was it much the same experience?

I don't think I'd be able to relax if we took our two to the Moonlight Cinema but it is a lovely idea. I think.....?!?!

:biglaugh: LC

Lol. She is a bichon frise. :-)

That was in Cambridge about 11 or 12 years ago. They had a travelling drive in which moved to different places. It was much more rural. They played close encounters of the third kind lol.

Guest Guest75

Well we won't be taking our hounds to the pics.........they would cause so much trouble.

1527071_10152163514128685_1774575252_n.jpg