soccer65

Leeds To Adelaide March 09

WE WILL MAKING THE MOVE TO ADELAIDE IN MARCH NEXT YEAR. MY WIFE HAS GAINED A SPONSORSHIP AS SHE IS A NEONATAL NURSE. SHE WILL START WORK AT THE WOMENS AND CHILDRENS HOSPITAL IN THE MARCH AS WE LAND IN THE FEBRUARY. MY WIFE IS TERRIFIED OF EMIGRATING AND SNAKES!!! I JUST WANT TO HAVE EVERYTHING ORGANISED. CAN ANYBODY GIVE US ADVISE ON RENTING, CONTAINERS, AND SCHOOLS.

IS THERE ANY SUBURBS WE SHOULDNT LOOK AT.

I WOULD BE GRATEFUL FOR ANY ADVISE :notworthy:

STEVE

Hi Steve,

many congratulations to you for getting your visa and welcome to PIA.

Areas are an individual preference, whether you want coastal/city etc.... only you can decide. You will just have to wait till you get here and then the confusion on areas really begins, as everytime you drive around you will see something else you like!

Schools, again it depends on the area, but all schools are approachable and you can go for a look around them, which helps you get a feel for it and with your kids too.

Containers - if it's worth bringing bring it, although it is reasonable here to replace items, it can be a costly affair trying to replace everything, a container is definately a cheaper option and cram as much into it as you can, you can always update things as you go along once you are here.

Anyway, good luck and congratulations again.

Guest The Pottertons

Hiya, Can empathise with how your wife feels but im sure being a nurse she'll have a fab social life quite quickly! We are going to use a container and the quotes we've had are around £4000 but if you dont have much you can share with someone else. Most of the companies will come out free of charge to give you a quote. As for areas im not sure, going out in may to have a look around but then thats the beauty of renting. If you dont like it you can move on. There are some people on here somewhere who offer short term lets for people in our situation so keep your eyes out. Thats what we will look into. Good luck with everything!!!! Yvonne