shelagh1973

Movers here!

Our packers are here again (second day). Looks like they will be packed and finished at about lunch time. Very exciting. Have been very impressed so far. They have certainly earned their money. Another step ticked off. Looking forward to spending last couple of weeks in the UK with family and friends and then onwards to Oz at the end of the month.

Woo hoo! (Excited but sooooo nervous too!)

Good luck to everyone at whatever stage they are at in their journey. Hopefully we will get to meet up with some of you when we get there.

xxx

Shelagh and Steve

Good luck to you all... You must have some stuff our packers worked from 9am - 2pm and were off! We arrived in Adelaide on 29th December... Other half started his new job yesterday... And the house hunting starts for me!! I felt exactly the same as you nervous, upset, excited but now im here if feels like we have lived here forever! Enjoy your last couple of weeks with family and friends and have a safe journey x

Xx Thank you Shazlou D. Good luck with house hunting. Where are you looking for houses? We are looking in Port Noarlunga and Christies Beach. Hope your OH had a good start at work.

Xx

Brings back some memories - we were doing the same this time last year! Will have been here a year next month and it has been so worth it. The stress does eventually go away and you settle down into normal life over here. The best thing we ever did and haven't regretted it for a second.

I'm looking forward to normal! We had a mad panic when we thought the packers had packed our passports and had to unwrap the fridge this morning as we had left the milk and bacon in there!

Thank you for kind words. Xx

Guest MandiMR2

Fantastic news Shelagh & Steve, I can't wait to be at your stage! but not long now, just a few more weeks! Where in Adelaide are you staying?

Hi MandiMR2,

We are staying in Port Noarlunga with Tamara Homes Down Under. It looks lovely. The packing experience was actually quite stress free. The packers just want you to stay out of the way. I just made lots of tea and bacon butties. Where are you staying?

Good luck with your move.

Shelagh

Guest MandiMR2

Hi Shelagh, I'll remember to get some bacon in lol Port Noarlunga is a beautiful sea-side place, you'll luv it - (in fact I was just telling another member on a thread called "Nursing CV" in Jobs & Careers, who's also moving there in Feb, that it's a great place!). We're staying in Melrose Park with a friend for a few months, which is an ideal location, as I have secured a job at the RAH & don't want to be too far south, as pretty as it is I don't want to spend time commuting to & from work. We're excited too, along with many more emotional feelings, but cannot wait!! After visiting 3 times we're so pleased to be finally returning with a one-way ticket this time lol Mandi x