Eastern suburbs

Andronica

Are there any members living in the eastern suburbs particularly the following as I would like a general overview as to whether the suburbs listed are desirable or not!!

Tranmere

Beaulah Park

Kensington Park

Kensington Gardens

Burnside

Wattle park

Stonyfell

Magill

Trinity Gardens

Many thanks in advance for your help with this question as although we have lived in Adelaide for 7 years we are not overly familiar with these suburbs.

Thank you

All very desirable and very nice. Some more exclusive (and expensive) than others. Of the suburbs listed Tranmere would probably be the cheapest and least desirable, but still a nice area. Have you had a drive round the areas? Personally I would love to live in Burnside or Kensington Gardens but don't have a hope of being able to afford a house in either suburb. We opted for Rostrevor as an affordable compromise, with a primary school within walking distance and (on the right side of the creek) in the zone for Norwood Morialta high school. Still dream about being able to live in one of the houses near Burnside pool though...

I would second that NicF... I too would love a house by Hazelwood Pk pool - mind you I can easily walk there as I live in Stonyfell.

Andronica take a drive to Hazelwood Pk (where they have the outdoor pool) park the car there and stroll around - you can get to Kensington/Kensington gdns, Burnside.Beaulah pk quite easily if you enjoy walking. Stop for lunch and then head up to Wattle Pk/Stonyfell either on foot or car (it will be uphill) and round my area rather steep but well worth the journey!

If you need any advice just PM me (Tranmere Trinity Gdns I'm not sure about)

Enjoy browsing!

I would second that NicF... I too would love a house by Hazelwood Pk pool - mind you I can easily walk there as I live in Stonyfell.

Andronica take a drive to Hazelwood Pk (where they have the outdoor pool) park the car there and stroll around - you can get to Kensington/Kensington gdns, Burnside.Beaulah pk quite easily if you enjoy walking. Stop for lunch and then head up to Wattle Pk/Stonyfell either on foot or car (it will be uphill) and round my area rather steep but well worth the journey!

If you need any advice just PM me (Tranmere Trinity Gdns I'm not sure about)

Enjoy browsing!

THANK YOU both for your very quick replies, I am interested as to why tranmere is a cheap suburb as many of the I houses we have looked at are $700.000+ And I don't think that's particularly cheap, are there some undesirable parts that you know of?? Forgot to ask about Magill, some looks nice & some not so nice, are there any areas of tranmere & magill to be avoided.

our favoured spot at the moment is either wattle park, burnside or hazelwood park. Thankyou both for your assistance it really is very much appreciated :-)

THANK YOU both for your very quick replies, I am interested as to why tranmere is a cheap suburb as many of the I houses we have looked at are $700.000+ And I don't think that's particularly cheap, are there some undesirable parts that you know of?? Forgot to ask about Magill, some looks nice & some not so nice, are there any areas of tranmere & magill to be avoided.

our favoured spot at the moment is either wattle park, burnside or hazelwood park. Thankyou both for your assistance it really is very much appreciated :-)

Tranmere is cheap compared with Kensington Gardens and Burnside, rather than being a cheap suburb. The whole suburb is still really nice, although the northern part, near Reid Avenue, is a bit more tired looking. There isn't any part of it that you need to avoid though. Same with Magill - the bits nearer Reid are the 'less nice' bits, but even they are nicer than many suburbs.