Another meet up in Yorkshire early Feb

Guest MandiMR2

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Jessica

Thank you for sorting us an information pack. No we do not have jobs to come out to, so we are constantly looking at Seek etc. I work as a Company Accountant and my husband will be looking at machine operating jobs. However, we are both realistic and we are prepared to take on anything to get us started. Again any valuable advice you can offer us will be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Sue

Happy to chat about jobs, the way things work in Adelaide and give some general advice and guidance when we meet.

Rachael offered to use her resume and covering letter as training material :wink: so if people are interested I can give you some tips.

Rachael - let me know if you are still happy to use your resume (or we can use someone else's) and I will send you my email address to send it to me prior to the meeting.

Hi Helen

Are you sure your ready for the ever growing numbers!!!

I am looking forward to meeting everyone.

See you soon

Sue

No worries Sue. I've got a really big island in the kitchen where we can all sit round and eat Rachael's cupcakes.

I'm hoping to stick a DVD on for the 3 young children. The teenagers will have an xbox and I Pads.

Helen

Ha ha Rachael knows I'm worried to death about the sharks!!!

Helen

Two sharks spotted this week, but the good news is I don't think there were any casualties!

SA Police News ‏@SAPoliceNews Mar 5 Shark patrol spotted a shark 125m offshore from #portnorlunasouth at 2pm. Swimmers cleared from the water #sharksa

SA Police News ‏@SAPoliceNews Mar 6

Shark spotted by aerial shark patrol 200m off Glenelg North - swimmers out of the water #sharksa

Helen

Two sharks spotted this week, but the good news is I don't think there were any casualties!

SA Police News ‏@SAPoliceNews Mar 5 Shark patrol spotted a shark 125m offshore from #portnorlunasouth at 2pm. Swimmers cleared from the water #sharksa

SA Police News ‏@SAPoliceNews Mar 6

Shark spotted by aerial shark patrol 200m off Glenelg North - swimmers out of the water #sharksa

We are still coming but we won't be swimming in the sea!

Guest Rachael M Bowen
Happy to chat about jobs, the way things work in Adelaide and give some general advice and guidance when we meet.

Rachael offered to use her resume and covering letter as training material :wink: so if people are interested I can give you some tips.

Rachael - let me know if you are still happy to use your resume (or we can use someone else's) and I will send you my email address to send it to me prior to the meeting.

yes i'll bring all that i've got so PM me your e-mail address

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Rachael M Bowen

A huge thank you Helen & Lewis for hosting the meet up today. Also thank you to the Adelaidians that took time out of their vacations to give valuable advise and information. Was great meeting the new families today too . wishing you all every success in your new adventures and hopefully we'll meet up again down under.

Also the array of cakes that were made was very impressive and if all else fails and we don't get jobs we could always sell cakes and "toys" :biggrin: and even toy shaped cakes lol x x naught but nice xx

Again, I second Rachael with a big thank you to Helen and Lewis for hosting today. It was lovely to meet everyone and I am sure we have all come away with a lot of helpful advice. Many thanks for all the information, advice and packs Jessica.

I wish everyone the best in their plans and would love to hear how everything progresses, so please keep in touch.

Sue

Thank you to Helen and Lewis for being great hosts. We had a lovely afternoon meeting/chatting with you all. Thank you also to Donna and Matt for giving us a lift 'home' and going out of your way to drop us off.

In the evening we went to a concert at Woodborough Church as one of my old school friends was playing in the band - I felt like I was in an episode of Midsomers Murders, all very quaint.

A big Thank you to the many adults & children who came to the the meet up in Sunny Mansfield yesterday.

A special thank you to Rachael for making the gorgeous cup cakes, Donna for the scrumptious lemon & lime cheesecake, Julie for the cheeky bottle of wine & Sue for the nibbles.

A massive Thank You to Jessica Berry & OH John for taking the time to come and share your knowledge with us. The personalised goody bags were so thoughtful. Lewis & I have spent hours reading all the information in the many newspapers & magazines. We are so grateful for your honest and thorough advise & it was great to meet you both while you were over here from Adelaide.

Hope to see you all again very soon.

Helen, Lewis, Olly, Morgan & Jude xxx

I can only agree with all of the above, had a lovely afternoon with everybody and enjoyed eating cupcakes and cheesecake!! Again thank you Jessica & John for the advice, your more than welcome for the lift, Grace was very pleased we went that way as she managed to convince us to stop at mcdonalds for something to eat!!

We cannot wait to get out there now to validate and do a reccie, 10 days to go.....!!!!