wrcaston

Starting Application

Hi all,

After many visits and deliberations and putting it off, the process of starting the visa has now begun. I even found that my TRA had already been filled out (that's how eager I am....lol). Anyway, back to the point, am I wise in going alone in this without an agent for the three of us? I have had meetings with an agent for him to say it will all be straight forward with my qualifications and experience so I thought I may as well do it myself seeing as thoughwe are not in a rush.

We just got back from visiting my parents in Adelaide and little one will be finishing primary school in a year and a half so I got confronted with the question of, "so, are we going then?"..."Yes, we are!!".

Anyway, I digress, the main point is, am I wise in trying it without the use of an agent? I have an advanced modern apprenticeship in Engineering which includes an NVQ3 and HND Electrical/Electronic Engineering and am within a year of graduating from a BEng so I am told my qualifications and 10 years experience should sail me through the TRA. Other than that, through your experiences, is the rest easy enough to deal with?

Regards,

Will

I can't comment on whether your skills will pass the TRA but in terms of using an agent we did it ourselves and it was easy enough. Some people find the security of using an agent worth paying for, and some others have fairly complex or borderline circumstances. In our case, things were straightforward. All the documents and guidelines are available online, so we saw no point in paying someone for something we could do ourselves.

Good luck either way.

We had a simple situation but decided to go with an agent, & in our opinion it was well worth it. They advised us on changing the way we worded something on the skills assessment & gave us so much advise throughout (even before handing over any money). Nothing was too much trouble. & even now, a few months after we were granted our Visa they are still in contact with info that will assist us when we move.

I have read plenty of threads with people who have successfully gone it alone, so it's definitely do-able, it just depends how comfortable you feel doing it yourself.

We had a simple situation but decided to go with an agent, & in our opinion it was well worth it. They advised us on changing the way we worded something on the skills assessment & gave us so much advise throughout (even before handing over any money). Nothing was too much trouble. & even now, a few months after we were granted our Visa they are still in contact with info that will assist us when we move.

I have read plenty of threads with people who have successfully gone it alone, so it's definitely do-able, it just depends how comfortable you feel doing it yourself.

That's the same as me really. I have already met up a few times with a migration agent for him to look trhough all my documents and say this will be no problem. He even gave me advice on changing my skill assessing authority to make it easier and I have done that so I am thinking the hard bit no longer needs to be done. Helpful people at immigration2oz.

Guest Spratnat

Hi, we are going for a 189 visa and because of the new prices of the visa are going to do it alone as we can't really afford an agent. also I feel that my husband and I should be able to find out how to fill in all the forms as there is so much information on the internet and a lot of help available from the lovely people on this website!

Guest kezza01

Hi, we are also going for the 189 visa and doing it without an agent. I think it will be a good idea to give each other tips along the way. We are filling out TRA skills assessment application this weekend and would love to hear of any do's and dont's please.