Guest mcgartland

Returning to Oz question?

Guest mcgartland

Hi folks,

ok about 2 years ago I moved to Adelaide on a working holiday visa. I stayed and worked for around5 months then due to circumstances I had to move back to Ireland. I was wondering what is the story with me optioning another working holiday visa again. I am 27 years old and have a trade. Will the 1st trip affect a potential second trip. I still have a nab bank account with a few thousand dollars in my account and most likely a job waiting. Any light shines on this would be great.

Thanks

Guest Claire-n-tel

Hi,

Did you complete the 3 months regional work on you first visa?

Guest mcgartland

I didn't. I worked through a recruitment agency the whole time I was there.

Guest Claire-n-tel

Sorry that means you cannot get a second one.....is you trade on the list of occupations? if so you might be able to look at some kind of sponsored visa?

Guest Claire-n-tel

although on all sponsor visas you will have to work full time for the duration you are in oz not for traveling

Guest mcgartland

If I can return I will be planning in staying in Adelaide. I am a welder by trade and the person I worked for when I was per told me if I ever return I can return to my old job. Would this mean sponsorship?

Guest Claire-n-tel

You would have to ask them if they will sponsor you (they have to apply and be accepted) Also first thing is to check if your occupation is on the list

Guest mcgartland

Thanks. I must get in contact with my old employer and see what the story is. Thanks

Guest mcgartland

Just on an off chance. I've heard this rumour circling around a few times that some types of construction/demolition/renovation work ion Adelaide can count towards the regional work. I'm not 100% on this. Anyone any truth behind it?

Guest mcgartland

So i worked in the construction industry in and around Adelaide for the time i spent there, should that cover me for my 2nd year visa application??