Tamara (Homes Down Under)

Why I live here part 2

It is really encouraging to see these photos as it gives a reminder of some of the reason for moving to Oz. I am also aiming to move to Port Noarlunga or nearby when I move over which would be ideal as my wife's family live in Morphett Vale (she is an Aussie)

Thank you so much for this. Really sums it up.

Living in such a stunning place helps with the everyday challenges that we face. It's a constant visible reminder of why we made this massive move. I used to live in a gorgeous city before moving here and had stunning scenery and beaches on my doorstep. I changed one stunning place for another but this one is far safer and offers my children endless opportunities.

Morphett Vale is 5 minutes from Port Noarlunga but it is the biggest suburb in Adelaide so travel from one side of the suburb to the other could add more time onto this.

Here's some of my favourite places nearby

flowers.jpgaldinga

Willunga1.jpgwillunga

war.jpgwirrawong

Clarendon.jpgclarendon

D'arries.jpgD'arries vineyard (Mclaren Vale)

Edited by jtct

Here's some of my favourite places nearby

[ATTACH=CONFIG]8277[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]8278[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]8279[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]8280[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]8281[/ATTACH]

Stunning!

I don't recognise all these ( some Port Willunga?) but would like to go there. Can you please tell me where these were taken? Thanks.

and then there's

Horseshoe1.jpgport elliot

McLaren1.jpgmclaren vale

ko2.jpgblewitt springs

Myponga.jpgmyponga

DSC00171.jpg

Edited by jtct

The best part of Australia for me is the great outdoors. To be honest I am not a great fan of the cities and suburbia.

This one is of our tent at sunset.......

DSCN2721.jpg

The trains are very long

SL372571.jpg

The scenary is spectacular

DSCN2731.jpg

With peaceful water holes

SL372580.jpg

Ghost towns

DSCN3140.jpg

Great thread. The local Onkaparinga council should be giving you an award for the number of families and the millions of dollars that you bring in to the local area and businesses. You go girl!

The local council has been busy upgrading the local area and Rotary park on the Christies Beach esplanade is an example of this.

When the weather turns, and the wind arrives, Christies Beach becomes popular for local surfers...and Port Noarlunga can become blustery and empty!

DSC05197.jpg

DSC05196.jpg

DSC05194.jpg

DSC05188.jpg

Guest wen66

Lovely to look back at these photos, now we are actually here and living in the area. Must add some more pics.xx

I have had family (both lots!) visiting for a while. It's a wake up call that you take your surroundings for granted and only really see how blessed you are when you spend a little time taking in the wonderful place that we are fortunate to live in. :biggrin:

I have seen the drones buzzing around and have just seen this....

In another few weeks it will be 10 years for myself and family...we are so so lucky!

Here's the latest drone videos of Port Noarlunga

[video=youtube;aft-Nv-EeEc]