flossybeth

Olive Oil

I've almost finished my bottle of olive oil and now we're living down here surrounded by olive trees I wondered if anyone had any recommendations for good oil producers/suppliers? I've seen signs at the end of drives but can't really tell whose will be good or not - or how to tell really!

You can take your empty bottle into Lucia's in the Central Market and get it filled there. We always use their olive oil and like it.

Guest Guest75

Go into Brian's Olives on the High Street in McLaren Vale, you can do a little tasting before you buy. Talk to Brian and increase your knowledge, find out which varieties of olive give you the best taste.

I could have recommended a superb olive grove selling some of the finest Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) that won many a taste test from Onkaparinga Hills...................................... But we sold it, loved that grove,had great trees. The new owners don't bother much with it now.

Go into Brian's Olives on the High Street in McLaren Vale, you can do a little tasting before you buy. Talk to Brian and increase your knowledge, find out which varieties of olive give you the best taste.

I could have recommended a superb olive grove selling some of the finest Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) that won many a taste test from Onkaparinga Hills...................................... But we sold it, loved that grove,had great trees. The new owners don't bother much with it now.

I didn't know how nice olive oil on its own could be until you made me (it was a bit of a fight lol) try yours, Tyke :notworthy:It was very good value for money too. Shame the new owners aren't using the olives but I think even you were getting over harvesting them all!

Thanks to Tyke - and dukkah - I now love olive oil! I particularly like the ones flavoured with chilli or garlic both for cooking and for fresh bread and dukkah.

I'm looking forward to learning more thanks to flossybeth's thread.

:smile: LC

Hi there I get McCauls Olive Oil from Willunga/McLaren Vale, best olive oil I've ever tried (but I never tasted Tyke's!!). A big plus for me is they're in the process of being certified organic. They have a Facebook page iirc.

Hi there I get McCauls Olive Oil from Willunga/McLaren Vale, best olive oil I've ever tried (but I never tasted Tyke's!!). A big plus for me is they're in the process of being certified organic. They have a Facebook page iirc.

Thanks for the info - I'll have look out for them.

Guest Guest75
    I never thought to go into the Olive Shop.... but I will now (once I can walk down the hill without melting into a large pool).

Mention me - Russell who had the Verdale olive grove in Onkaparinga Hills.