Update on Baldy the Brown-Eyed Boy.

Lazy Cow

Hi,

A little girl (no, not Liam!) has just reminded me of my manners, so...

A while ago I put a thread on PiA about my 12yo's participation in the Leukemia Foundation's World's Greatest Shave. People* were very, very kind and offered support and donations, so I thought I'd update you all.

Liam had his hair cut at school alongside another boy who wanted to help the Leukemia Foundation. The whole school rocked up and amid cries of 'Liam! Liam!' and 'Torben! Torben', both boys had their hair shaved off. Liam was very emotional and admitted he felt a bit tearful. This set his father off and we could all see his hand shake as he cut Liam's crowning glory. There was quite a bit of hair and at one, rather worrying point, the clippers got stuck (told him we'd be mad not to take Sarahsmartiepants' kind offer up!). Anyway, it's all done now, Liam has come to terms with the fact he has ears and an eyebrow (yes, I know what I typed!) and has decided to keep it a number 2 for the whole footy season. We'll see!

The upshot of all this is that Liam raised just a shimmy over $500!!! Liam was so much more than pleased - he would've been delighted to raise $60 in the beginning!- so a big, big THANK YOU!

:wubclub:Caroline aka One Proud Cow!

*Including one very young lady, the great LEXIE!

PS. I did try to post his photos, but to no avail. I have (I think, and since the computer is still whirring I could be wrong!) put them on his webpage on the World's Greatest Shave website. Oh and if you do decide to have a look, the money has not been updated as it apparently takes a few days, but he did really raise the $500!:swoon:

Guest Guest75

Wadda ya mean - reminded by a little girl???

I reminded the Bearded One on Sunday to post this :P

Well done Liam - brave lad.

He doesn't look too bad at all with his new hairdo:D:D

Guest sarahsmartiepants

Thats great LC, does he like his eyebrows and ears:biglaugh:.

You must be very proud, I bet he can feel the chilly mornings now!

sarah