Changing my career!

Guest LaydeeStardust

Guest LaydeeStardust

Good evening everyone. I have made the decision to change my career and see what the future holds for myself and my family. Funny how things work out. Been in my current job 10 years. Grateful for the job though feel I am using about 5% of my abilities. Focusing on becoming a pre school teacher. On a course called incredible years for the last couple of months and I am so inspired by it. Finally found something that makes my heart sing. :) Had a look at the SOL and ecstatic that pre school teacher is on the list. I am so excited for this new chapter in my life and studying again to better myself. Yes it will take a few years to get where I am going. Wondered if anyone on here have emigrated with this skill. Been doing some research and noticed that the OU Australia offer online courses so I can focus on the early years.

Recently moved house and our new neighbours, she is training as a nurse to emigrate to Australia. That made me smile as have lots to talk about! Anyone that can recommend any migration agents for pre school teachers, please get in touch. Love reading the forums and thanks in advance. :)

Kindest regards

Laydeestardust

Guest sedgecl

Hi There

We've been in Adelaide for about 18 months now, and loving it. We came over on my skills but since being here I have started to retrain as I had been in my previous trade for 23yrs….

I am just in the process of completing my placement and upon this will receive the Cert 1V in Community Services, I received an offer from Flinders University and start this semester studying Bachelor of Social Work and Social Planning.

I sadly have to fund my own training as I am not yet a citizen so can not apply for funding:( but I know it will all be worth it in the end, even if I am going to be the oldest Social worker in SA:)

For me to retrain in the UK would have taken me over the age for PR, as I needed a minimum of 2 years experience on top of training, not sure if this has trained.

Anyway, good luck in your new adventure, you can never go wrong in the teaching world.