Guest Shazeen

Short term let - March 2014

Guest Shazeen

Hi everyone, We are looking for a short term let in March for 3-4 weeks to give us time to look for a long term rental place for the rest of our stay in Adelaide. Any ideas would be very much appreciated. Many thanks, Shazeen

Hi Shazeen,

There are a number of people on this site that may be able to assist with short term rentals.

What areas would you have a preference for?

I am unable to assist as I am booked but you could try Tyke who is active on this site (Auseelife) and Kris (Margaritas Place).

I am sure that other people may have some suggestions too.

Some site members have rentals but there are also lots of small but nice, basic holiday apartment buildings around I notice on my travels, should the members places be booked up or not what or where you are after for whatever reason. I'd look online and compare prices. If you need 3 bedrooms/garden because of kids a house is worth considering. If it's just 2 of you, no kids, a one bed unit could work out cheaper or be more central. Really depends on your needs/wants and budget.

Also I know of a couple of people who did the house sitting thing and it worked out really well for them.

Here is the house sitting site I know of

http://www.aussiehousesitters.com.au/house-sitting-adelaide

Someone I know is currently looking at this option for when they come over in the middle of the year.

There may be other house sitting sites though. Have a search or do a bit of digging and check reviews/feedback etc.

Edited by snifter
    Added bit more.

Just wondering if you spotted the thread below yours, there is quite a bit of information on it, rather than people reinventing the wheel so to speak!

http://www.pomsinadelaide.com/forum/renting-real-estate/40757-short-term-rental-10-feb-24-feb-2014-please-advise.html

Womadelaide, Adelaide Fringe and Clipsal (runs over to the start of March) are also on in March so again places might get booked up quickly.

Guest Shazeen

Thanks everyone. It will be my husband and myself with 2 kids (aged 4 and 1). We are looking for something central and not really fussed about a garden at this stage as it's just a short term rental for a few weeks. Will check out the members and sites that you've all mentioned and do some more research. It's really daunting trying to sort all this out from the UK without actually having any knowledge about Adelaide at all! Thanks for all your advice :)

Guest Chris

Hi Shazeen, I tried to post yesterday that my sister had a place in Semaphore opposite the water available however, the moderator removed the post, so I'm not sure how little or non specific the information I provide should be. Perhaps you could PM me if you are still looking.

Cheers

Chris

Hi Shazeen, I tried to post yesterday that my sister had a place in Semaphore opposite the water available however, the moderator removed the post, so I'm not sure how little or non specific the information I provide should be. Perhaps you could PM me if you are still looking.

Cheers

Chris

Nobody removed your posts. As you had never posted anything before and your first three posts all had web links in it automatically gets put in a 'holding' area waiting for approval. This is to stop the site getting filled up with spam if we are all asleep. ;-)

If you would like to let people know about your sisters place then sending them a pm would be the way to go, as promoting your own, or friends and families businesses goes against forum rules.