Started whole 190 visa process in October last year after the "Down under Live" info session in Glasgow SECC.

Have just got skills assessment on its way to Oz, have IELTS booked for Feb 15th and documents sitting ready to go for VISA application.

Just wondering if anyone can can me any info on how their process has gone at this stage? My skills assessment is as a youth worker, I have 10 years experience and currently work as a service manger for a National Children's Charity. I'm a wee bit worried about the matching-up of qualifications etc and the subsequent job prospects.

I really do feel that I have transferable skills to diversify once in Australia.....but not sure what I can go for until the skills assessment comes back!

I'm sure that many of you have been at this stage of uncertainty which is a pivotal point in the waiting game of migration.

Can anybody offer me some dialogue on any of the above as I ....and indeed my whole family......are crossing over into the "migration reality" zone now and the whole thing feels a wee bit daunting at the moment!

Cheers :arghh:

Guest Guest75

Hiya BillyJo

I can't offer any specific advice but can say welcome.

I'm sure there will be someone with the right info will be along in here soon..

It OK to find it all daunting and scary - we all have!

Welcome to the forum and good luck with your application.

Although, like you said, you're all getting into migration reality it would appear that you have to be just a little more patient to wait until you have passed your skills assessment and then know where you are going from there. It can seem to take forever but having time in between phases can actually be a good thing (although it might seem like it when all you want to do is be in Australia) and give you time to think on what you're doing.

Thanks for this flossybeth.......I know, I just have to be patient. At least a forum like this gives me the chance to keep on researching all things Adelaide. In the meantime I have a whole load of stuff to sort out and sell!!

Hi BillyJo

I went through a skills assessment but I can't pretend to know the process in enough detail to answer your query so sorry. Not sure what your specific concerns about qualifications are but if anything I have found that higher education qualifications from British institutions aren't questioned by Australia.

If you have 10 years experience in the field and are working in management I think there is reason to be optimistic as long as your evidence is solid.

I am in a different profession but had less than 5 years experience at the point of applying and didn't encounter any issues.

Best of luck!