adelaide good/bad ?

Guest sazzle

Guest Gamba "n" Kerry

HI Rob Claire.

Thanx for the reply,very early stages yet but need to start looking into companys to see what options there are/i have.spoke to a guy last week who has lived in melbourne 26 years reckons that construction transport at the mines can be a good job if ya qualified? Ill be looking into that hopefully.Can anyone shed any light on this?

Guest sazzle

hey to be honest the expo was a bit of a waste of time in regards to employers, but the guys from the south australia tourist stand were really nice and helped us make our final decision to adelaide rather than going to sydney! You will learn more off this web site or an agent such as go matilda.

:wideeyed:yes sarah accompanied by extremely short shorts and thongs when not at work or boots at work.;)

.......................and the longer the beard the shorter the shorts!

Haha I thought that was just NZ - obviously its a common style downunder. Talking of which - maybe it should be explained that in this part of the world 'thongs' are flip-flops and not an item of underwear! When we first moved in here I nearly died when our neighbour said she spent most of the summer in thongs! My OH explained! Over here the older generation often wear knee length socks with the very short shorts too! Nice touch!

Guest Guest75
Haha I thought that was just NZ - obviously its a common style downunder. Talking of which - maybe it should be explained that in this part of the world 'thongs' are flip-flops and not an item of underwear! When we first moved in here I nearly died when our neighbour said she spent most of the summer in thongs! My OH explained! Over here the older generation often wear knee length socks with the very short shorts too! Nice touch!

:biglaugh::biglaugh:

Our pump repair man is a big bloke who wears short ,shorts - but no undies:arghh::arghh:

I'm trying to think of a description of it......................."Buffalo toe?"

Trouble is he has to bend down a lot and squeeze into places - and then asks me to pass him things!!!!

Godd job he is a good engineer and reasonably priced!!!

:biglaugh::biglaugh:

Our pump repair man is a big bloke who wears short ,shorts - but no undies:arghh:

I'm trying to think of a description of it......................."Buffalo toe?"

Trouble is he has to bend down a lot and squeeze into places - and then asks me to pass him things!!!!

Godd job he is a good engineer and reasonably priced!!!

Oh no! We had the same when the chippie came to fix some internal doors. His leather tool belt was about the same length as his shorts. Put me right off my lunch!:err:

Guest stickman

:biglaugh: at the "buffalo toe"

We're also in (well, very near to) Leeds and just starting out with our application. If any in the area fancies getting together for beer/wine and sharing notes please let us know.

Cheers,

Tony