WHY do you want to/ or did move to South Australia????

Guest Guest75

Guest Claire-n-tel
Personally I find many things very British to the point I see myself at some time in the distant future sitting in a retirement home complaining how we never made it to Australia. :)

I do hope I see thongs, singlets, and mullets to remind me where I am.

what is it you find so 'very british'? I don't see it?:err:

We came here originally as it was the only state that used to do the meet and greet service it was a way of getting people to come to Adelaide, we thought that maybe we may move on from here but we loved it. Having just returned from the UK after going back purely for the kids as thought it would be better for them (big mistake) we are now back for good !!!!

As in the title really.

Kind of a reverse question but it will be interesting to see the answers............

I'll start the ball rolling..........

Us?? Because We wanted a smaller population / bit of a country feel/ Mrs Tyke's neighbor married an Aussie and nagged us to come/ Mrs Tyke had visited years ago and never forgot the place/ I just "fancied it. :cute:

Intention was to move to Adelaide as that is where I am originally from and my heart is still there. Anyway, I got job in Canberra and thats wheer we have settled for now. To be honest it isnt much different to SA except for the beaches and the snow....lol Size wise its pretty similar but the traffic is much better and the roads well maintained and laid out. The shops are similar but seem to sell more up to date stuff.

All that said I still wish i was in Adelaide!

Guest BurgessFamily
what is it you find so 'very british'? I don't see it?:err:

I guess it's in the eye of the beholder, but I see many things that remind me of places/people/things back home.

many things, like...

driving on left

roundabouts!

green scenery (excluding summer! :P)

rolling hills with sheep

lots of british accents

fish & chip shops

post offices

plenty of pie/pasty shops

bakeries here there and everywhere

westminster influence on politics

abc (reminds me of bbc)

home & away / neighbours (more the wife than me :P)

botanical gardens

little country villages (see below)

dayout.jpg

Funnily enough we had a week in Sydney a few weeks ago, and I really noticed how many more English accents you hear there than round us here. Mind you, I think it was more accents that I recognised (so Southern England accents) there than here. Some parts of Adelaide seem to be more popular with people with Northern English accents, which to an Essex girl like me, are just as foreign!!

Guest Guest75
Funnily enough we had a week in Sydney a few weeks ago, and I really noticed how many more English accents you hear there than round us here. Mind you, I think it was more accents that I recognised (so Southern England accents) there than here. Some parts of Adelaide seem to be more popular with people with Northern English accents, which to an Essex girl like me, are just as foreign!!

Pardon? I didn't quite catch that ....:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::tongue::tongue:

Guest Guest12727

Perhaps they were on holiday. Far more tourists in Sydney than here.