howard

Camping - Flinders

Hi

Has anyone stayed at Angorichina Village camp site - just above Flinders Ranges National Park?

What was it like? Would you recommend it?

Thanks in advance

:biggrin:

I haven't stayed there but have driven past a couple of times. It's in a lovely area, beautiful scenary, although all the Flinders is lovely! My husband stayed there many many years ago on a Geology field trip and has many happy stories of the trip - but that was a long time ago, don't know what it is like now.

Wilpena is nice, very well kept, campsites in the trees. Arkaroola has stunning scenary but is a long way away. A really nice campsite closer to Adelaide in the southern Flinders is Spear Creek - just south of Port Augusta.

I haven't been to the ranges in years but we did drop in to this very campground to use their computers and buy some refreshments. It appeared to be a well laid out spot, very clean and peaceful. The sign was placed at the entrance:

IMG_0313_2.jpg

Riponian, the picture is the entrance to Angorichna Village. I am hoping that we will be able to take a trip to the Flinders this coming September if there is any money leftover after the renos.

haven't stayed at Angorachina for many yers, but all the campsites are very good as far as I know.

One thing you do need to know is that if you are doing your own thing and camping away from a camp ground...never NEVER camp in a creek bed. The flash floods in the Flinders are something to behold.

John B