adelaide1

Taxation on shipped goods

Guest Claire-n-tel

I think they can tax you on new stuff....not sure how new, i'm guessing if your container is full of unmade up flatpacks etc they might, but i think mostly not

What was said above. Less than a year old, yes you are liable and may be charged.

If you are stuffing your entire container full of new furniture and white goods, they may well notice ;) If its a new hoover or some such or some new bedding chances are they won't worry overly.

Guest wijaya

If you only have one item each, even it was less than a year, most likely they won't charge you anything. Unless you bring several. When we came in 2010, I brought a 42 inch plasma teve just bought a month before still in the box. I think if it's for the "personal" use they won't bother..

Imports up to $1,000 on new (less than 1 year) goods are tax free for personal use I believe, bit better than £18 for UK! As mentioned I'm sure you will be fine if over 1 year old.

I have slight concerns over my record collection which is circa 6000 strong therefore giving the impression of being commercial quantities especially where I have some doubles and some sealed!

S