Timmie

Looking for advice..

Hi all,my name is Timmie..myself and my partner are on the verge of emigrating to adelaide.we have our visa an all and have to activate it by march 22th, we have done alot of research but still find it daunting.so anyone up to lettin me pick their brains

Hi timmie me and my partner moved out here from the UK about 3 n half months ago. It was hard leaving family but we only live once so have give it ago. Don't let nothing put you just get out here and try. It's adelaide I'v moved to myself it's a nice place.

well jay,tanx for your reply,i suppose we are just worried about our finance jay,we dont no how long it ll take for us to get work,would you be able to reccommend somewhere central to stay on arrival,cheap aswell i suppose just till we get sorted

This forum has loads of info. You can always cast your eye over other threads to see about rentals and other things. The search function can narrow it down for you.

What are your professions?

Hi snifter,thanks for your reply,ye im searching all te forum here tanx, im an unqualified carpenter wit 15 years experience and my partner works in admin marketing and sales

Guest Claire-n-tel
    Hi snifter,thanks for your reply,ye im searching all te forum here tanx, im an unqualified carpenter wit 15 years experience and my partner works in admin marketing and sales

Hi Timmie, welcome!

What type of visa do you have?

Guest Claire-n-tel

Have you been sponsored as a carpenter Timmie? ie did you do a skills assessment etc?

Guest Claire-n-tel

I'm not sure if you can work as a carpenter here without you qualifications, i know even qualified people seem to have to go and do more stuff here before thay can work. Are you happy to do 'anything' just as long as it is a job or are you set on a particular thing?

Guest Guest75

Hi Timmie, as Claire said you would need a license to work as a chippie here. I think you can do at least some of the coursework and stuff before you arrive.

Sure someone will be along with more info soon.

Hi Timmie, as Claire said you would need a license to work as a chippie here. I think you can do at least some of the coursework and stuff before you arrive.

Sure someone will be along with more info soon.

Just looked at TafeSA, you can get RPL (recognition of prior learning) from your existing qualifications and/or experience for most of the elements in Cert III, this will shorten your time and reduce costs in attaining this, so may be worth looking into sooner rather than later. Jobs advertised do seem to ask for qualified carpenters.

Good luck

hey guys,we v decided to come over for a couple of weeks,9th of march til 22nd,we are having problems booking accommadation,i no there are festivals on around te same time so it ll tough,so if anyone wud like two housemates for a couple of weeks we wud be very greatfull.