Sign in to follow this  
Guest bobbster

Help!! Job prospects

Guest bobbster

Hi I wondered if anyone would be able to give us some advise regarding job prospects in Adelaide. I am a Children's Nursery Manager with a degree in Early Childhood Studies. I have seen a good few jobs advertised so feel that I would be able to gain some employment when we come over to Adelaide in July. We both have 190 visa's. My husband is a little less positive about his job prospects. He is currently a Project engineer in a large pressings and assembly automotive business. He has also been a contracts Manager at a building company and has been a sub-contractor for a company that refurbished council houses. We lived in Melbourne around 10 years ago for about 10 months and he had his own business installing cable TV for Foxtel. Could anyone please help to settle his nerves about being able to find employment. Thanks Michelle and Nigel :wacko:

Edited by bobbster

Hi and welcome to the forum. There are a couple of childcare workers on the site, hopefully they'll be along to give some advice soon, but have a search on the site in the meantime and hopefully you'll find some info that way.

As for your OH, it sounds like he is pretty flexible workwise, which is the best thing: automobile engineering is a bit of a dying industry here in SA, but if he keeps an open mind about other industries, hopefully it will fall into place for him.

Guest bobbster

Thank you Dianne

He will turn his hand to anything so i think he will bo ok