Sign in to follow this  
ian mc

Wind

I was passing through the leafy eastern suburbs today and what a mess trees down everywhere and branches all piled up at the side of the roads and gum leaves about a foot thick along the gutters even saw the park ay Burnside outdoor pool shut as it's too dangerous with the tree branches and falling trees. Not sure if the pool was open never seen anyone in it.

Guest Claire-n-tel

Thought you were making a confession then....especially when i sharted reading "I was passing........." :biglaugh:

Yeh think we got the worst of it the other night - and our power was off from about 7am till about 9:30pm as well - think that affected places as far up as Fairview Park: don't know what the poor supermarkets do with all their frozen stuff. Don't know if you went down The Parade on the eastern side of Portrush Road, but there is a glorious old house down there and a large tree had fallen right on top of it, and through part of the roof. Very sad. I spent the night listening to the winds in the trees in the park opposite us, and calculating how far away we were from the closest big one! Worst that happened to us was I lost the single lime that I had on my lime tree!!